Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay here it goes.. my bike has been sitting in the garage for almost two years.. with gas still inside.. so i had to get new battery.. and the starter motor makes that noise.. but it doesn't seem to wanna turn on.. is it the spark plugs? and where the heck are they located.. i took the cables off.. and the 4 black things maybe 5 inches long.. is the spark plugs deeper in the holes?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I highly doubt its the sparkplugs.

Most likely its the fuel since you said it was sitting for 2 years. Probably turned to **** and gummed up.
Maybe even injectors.

Those black things are the coils. They plug onto the sparkplugs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already drained and put new gas with gas treatment fluid.... what if its the injectors? or fuel pump? how do i clean them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar problem with my bike, after a few attempts I said f*ck it and took her to the dealearship.

They told me that it was the Crankshaft position sensor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a similar problem with my bike, after a few attempts I said f*ck it and took her to the dealearship.

They told me that it was the Crankshaft position sensor.
I was in the same exact boat and did the same exact thing, and they though it was the sensor as well... it wasn't - I'm out $$ and time, and have no clue what to do next.

I will be posting a new "engine wont start" thread when i get my bike back.

the thing turns over and over, but the fuel cut off relay wont turn on on it's own. we can jumer wire to get the fuel pump to come on, but still no spark or fuel into the injectors. swapped out the wiring harness, most of the sub harnesses and tilt sensor. It got a new cam posistion sensor but that didn't work. Is there a cam and a crank posision sensor.. or just one or the other ? would they both cause the same problem?

sorry.. maybe i'll just hijack this thread if you guys are done using it ? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just hope that is what the price is for that sensor. They haven't given me a price yet. I'm also hoping the warranty covers it, if not , I'm fu**ked. I called the dealer yesterday to check up on my bike and they told me they haven't received the part yet. (the bike has been sitting at the dealer for a week and ahalf).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just hope that is what the price is for that sensor. They haven't given me a price yet. I'm also hoping the warranty covers it, if not , I'm fu**ked. I called the dealer yesterday to check up on my bike and they told me they haven't received the part yet. (the bike has been sitting at the dealer for a week and ahalf).
all the expensive **** is going to be the labor - and if they know they might have to dig around in there for hours, they may give it back to you - thats what they did to me - they even felt bad because they couldn't figure it out - so I got 1/2 off labor (probably alot more than that, cuz i know them) .. so now I took it to a different guy locally who seems to know alot about electronics and is pretty confident he can figure anything out - and his prices are much more reasonable - so if he (or please god WHEN he) figures it out, I will post up and let you know what it is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
crap man...now im going through this same problem. i really hope its not serious. my motor turns so it cant be the battery rite? i dunno im too pissed to even think about it since i just figured this out about half an hour ago.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i'm still stuck - and theres at least 1 other thread with this same problem. I'm crossing my fingers that this guy is going to figure it out tonight or tomorrow. I'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Damn, Im having this problem too! My 2005 was running, as I tested it without fairings on it after replacing the front sprocket, and test fitting race fairings, but after I button it all the way up, put on my helmet, the fuel pump is not kicking on.

I tried the FI fuse, not it. I tried unhooking all harnesses, not it. Im fuming! Any clue to this mystery is greatly appreciated by me as well...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts