Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a little accident yesterday I already posted that on the crash boom bang thread but I slid out the other night in cold weather going about 10mph and it only slid about 5 feet. But anyhow the bike is making some weird noise it sounds like it's coming from the right side of the engine and it sounds like it only makes a noise when I rev the bike. It's not crazy loud but theres definitely a sound there. I'll post a link to the youtube video so everyone can get an idea of what I'm hearing. By the way there is no damage to the engine casing or anything like that just the fairings were damaged.
Thank you

Reactions: Jamesapplegate23

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hard to say from video.... But could be ur cam chain tensioner that is the side that it timing chain and cam gears r on

strength and honor

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
Cam chain for sure. It either needs a new tensioner or a new chain.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that a hard thing to do put a new tensioner in or tighten the chain?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Should I change the belt
I assume you mean the chain? no I wouldn't change it. the CCT's are well known for being $hit on these bikes. swap it out & the noise should disappear instantly, plus its a lot easier to check that first rather than stripping the engine

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes sorry I meant chain. Ill call my local dealer when they open tomorrow and hopefully they have the part and ill hopefully get it up and running again. I really appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
no worries. I swapped mine fairly recently, solved the buzzing noise instantly, just be sure to read that "how to" completely before starting it. I've heard a few horror stories of people rushing it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no worries. I swapped mine fairly recently, solved the buzzing noise instantly, just be sure to read that "how to" completely before starting it. I've heard a few horror stories of people rushing it
Yeah I'll probably just keep my laptop next to me while working on it and do everything step by step to make sure I do it correctly but it doesn't seem too bad from what I'm seeing on that how to thread

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey am I looking for the cam chain tensioner or the lifter. The guy at my local dealer said its two different parts and people just refer to the lifter as the tensioner

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its the lifter/tensioner you want, I think the part number is 14520-MEE-003 or 14520-MEE-013, one of those anyway

I've checked, its definetely 14520-MEE-013 you need
Yeah I ordered one today with the gasket it should be in, in about a week

·
Registered
176 Posts
My bike does that when it's cold...I've been assuming I need to adjust the valves lol (sounds like valve tapping in a car)...maybe I'll give the CCT a shot...that is way easier than digging for valves :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My bike does that when it's cold...I've been assuming I need to adjust the valves lol (sounds like valve tapping in a car)...maybe I'll give the CCT a shot...that is way easier than digging for valves :D
Yep that's why I posted up the vid. I figured I'd try to get some input from people who really knew a lot about the bike so I wouldn't have to dig through the whole bike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cam chain for sure. It either needs a new tensioner or a new chain.
Hey I put on a new oem cct and my bike still makes the same noise. is it possible that I got a bad cct or do you think it's something else?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I guess its possible but unlikely. could you just be hearing normal engine noise & just paying closer attention to it? I know I do that sometimes

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess its possible but unlikely. could you just be hearing normal engine noise & just paying closer attention to it? I know I do that sometimes
I mean maybe I could be but that sound from the video I put up is still there after I changed the CCT and it only does it when I rev the bike. At idle it doesn't make that sound.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts