Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well we are proud to say our highly anticipated Exhaust Sound Clip Part 2 is finally here!

This video is an extensive follow-up to our most popular video of all-time and one that we are VERY excited to share with you all. We took time to do it right and headed out to the track to get you all the important information everyone is looking for.

We believe this is one of the most extensive exhaust sound comparison videos on the internet and one we are only going to be following up with a Part 3!

Be sure to share it with your friends and riding buddies, leave your thoughts in the comments, and most importantly, don't forget to hit that subscribe button!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had hyperflo on my 08 but if I was going to switch them out for anything it would probably be the Toce. I like the dual pipes look to begin with but I also like that deeper? tone to it then the others. Thanks for the great vid.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Some information on decibels, what can hurt you, how much change is needed before you can hear it, how loud things are and comparisions:

Decibel (Loudness) Comparison Chart

Keep a couple things in mind when watching the TST video (which is great, I might add, thanks for that): to clearly hear a change in sound level you need to increase or decrease sound between 2db and 3db. So if something is 2db quieter than something else your ear really can't hear a difference; and know a 10db change is considered twice as loud (or twice as quiet) to the ear.

So if the peak db on the Akra was around 96db and the Toce was just over 106db, it's twice as loud, that is a BIG difference. Choose what you want but based on the video you now know exactly how loud the Toce is compared to the other brands as well as the higher pitched frequency of its sound so there should be no more "what does it sound like" questions on the Toce or surprises when you install that its god awful loud.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Of the different exhausts, I liked the Toce and Two Bros. the most, with the edge going to the TBR based on the deeper tone.. I wish you guys had a MGP Growler to add to the mix, as I think that's an often overlooked exhaust for this bike.. Overall awesome video though..

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback everyone! We are going to be filming a part 3 which will include a full dyno test and maybe even a few more exhausts if we can get our hands on them. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas of other things to include in our 3rd part of this video, feel free to share your thoughts with us. We are filming this for YOU after-all!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Dyno would be VERY cool!
Get a Hyperflo if you find one. I'm curious to see their "+3hp without a custom map"

Termignoni would be awesome too...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Other exhausts to seek out:

MGP Growler
Jardine
Scorpion
Micron Carbon Fibre Delta
DanMoto
Competition Werkes
HyperFlo
Big Gun EVO
Leo Vince SBK LV One EVO2
Vance & Hines CS One
Delkevic
HMF

Obviously, no one expects to have all of those in one video.. LOL!! Just a condensed list for you.. Maybe start a poll and have multiple exhausts listed. Those that get the most votes are the ones that get added to the next video.. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dyno would be VERY cool!
Get a Hyperflo if you find one. I'm curious to see their "+3hp without a custom map"

Termignoni would be awesome too...
We will definitely keep these two in mind and see what we can find when we're ready to film.

Other exhausts to seek out:

MGP Growler
Jardine
Scorpion
Micron Carbon Fibre Delta
DanMoto
Competition Werkes
HyperFlo
Big Gun EVO
Leo Vince SBK LV One EVO2
Vance & Hines CS One
Delkevic
HMF

Obviously, no one expects to have all of those in one video.. LOL!! Just a condensed list for you.. Maybe start a poll and have multiple exhausts listed. Those that get the most votes are the ones that get added to the next video.. :)
Great list and awesome idea. I'll put a new post up shortly with 3 of the exhausts you listed and an option for "other". :thumbup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
nice work for video #2 TST #1

how about giving us the weights of the slip on/midpipes in your next video? It would be very easy to add to your report.(I trust what you will weight rather than the what manufacturers claim)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice work for video #2 TST #1

how about giving us the weights of the slip on/midpipes in your next video? It would be very easy to add to your report.(I trust what you will weight rather than the what manufacturers claim)
That is definitely something I believe we can include in our follow-up video! I'll be sure to note this down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts