Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I turned on my bike and the gauge was blinking 270. This was after sitting all night. Thought that was odd so I ran it sown the street. Once I started going, the gauge would drop to 95, then 154, then 110, 225, 165 etc...you get the idea. Everything looks good....Just not sure what happened. Any ideas?

BTW..this all started after a bad rain...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Total guess here, however, if you had disconnected the instrument panel before and plugged it in improperly/not-fully, you might have a bit of water in there. In this case you can just unplug the connector, dry it out, and plug it back in. Sorry I can't be more insightfull...gl on the problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If that doesn't work, Check the connections on the coolant temp sensor (located on radiator) for corrosion and connection. Check for corrosion on connections on the back of the instrument panel too. Later,Shawn300zTT

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
How old is the bike and how many miles are on it? Does the fan turn on when you turn on the key? And lastely, are you sure your neighbor's not borrowing the bike while your asleep? Did you feel the engine was it cold? j/k...:mrgreen:

Tim

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fan does not turn on when it starts blinging the 270.
I thought the coolant sensor was on the thermostat housing.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts