Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time reader and figured I'd start my first post off with somewhat of a bang lol.

Welp, my 2007 cbr600rr has been stuck in the garage for the past six months. In that time I was able to purchase a ton of upgrades for my soon to be road and track bike. Unfortunately, because of time and my trash memory, I've forgotten what kind of power and weight enhancements all the stuff is going to give me.

Just out of curiosity, can someone pile together a guesstimate of what I'm going to be looking at when everything gets installed, I.e. horsepower gain and weight reduction or horsepower to weight ratio?

1. SAMCO radiator hoses
2. BMC air filter
3. Carbon Fiber Velocity Stacks
4. 520 chain and sprocket
5. TOCE exhaust
6. TOCE mid-pipe/cat delete
7. TOCE ecu reflash
8. Lightweight battery
9. Carbon Fiber Undertail
10. Monster fairing kit (entire kit)
11. Carbon fiber tire hugger

Thanks for the help! Can't wait to show my baby off!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,912 Posts
Been a long time reader and figured I'd start my first post off with somewhat of a bang lol.

Welp, my 2007 cbr600rr has been stuck in the garage for the past six months. In that time I was able to purchase a ton of upgrades for my soon to be road and track bike. Unfortunately, because of time and my trash memory, I've forgotten what kind of power and weight enhancements all the stuff is going to give me.

Just out of curiosity, can someone pile together a guesstimate of what I'm going to be looking at when everything gets installed, I.e. horsepower gain and weight reduction or horsepower to weight ratio?

1. SAMCO radiator hoses zero
2. BMC air filter nearly zero
3. Carbon Fiber Velocity Stacks zero
4. 520 chain and sprocket sprockets don't add horsepower
5. TOCE exhaust lots of noise, very little power
6. TOCE mid-pipe/cat delete noise
7. TOCE ecu reflash who knows, toce is a junk company, probably minus power?
8. Lightweight battery zero horsepower
9. Carbon Fiber Undertail zero horsepower
10. Monster fairing kit (entire kit) major value reduction
11. Carbon fiber tire hugger mud reduction?

Thanks for the help! Can't wait to show my baby off!

see my answers in bold.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
you may save some weight with batt, Lithium batt is maybe 4-5 lbs lighter.

IDK TOCE system weight, no info OTF about this system. stock full exhaust weighs about 20 lbs on an 09.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Honestly, it would have been far more worth spending all that money on a track day or two. Most of it won’t give you any performance. Just shiny “go fast” items.

·
Registered
242 Posts
There's a lot to be said for making a bike your own. And pride of ownership adds about 5HP and 20mph max speed. You won't be able to measure it but as long as you feel it that's ultimately what counts.

But like Clitsy said, learning how to really ride a sportbike would make you faster than all this "chrome."

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't understand why people are dumping on this guy. He comes here and posts info that he is pumped about, calls is a street/track bike and then people post negative stuff. As far as anyone knows, he has 10 track days scheduled and is highly focused on skill development. I think people forgot the lesson "if you don't have something positive to say, don't say anything at all".

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Same as Bat-1, don't read any poster dumping on OP.

Nobody has posted OTF about performance increase with TOCE stuff, haven't seen any dyno results posted.

no negative comments above.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello thisbesallaD,

Glad to hear your anxious and want to setup your ride I'm planning on getting a used bike myself 2010 CBR 600RR. I have a few bikes in the past although I'm not expert. I'll provide my opinion below.

1. SAMCO radiator hoses (no real change)

2. BMC air filter (no real change)

3. Carbon Fiber Velocity Stacks (no real change)

4. 520 chain and sprocket (Depends which chains and sprockets your using honestly I would keep it stock unless you have really good skills then switch to aluminum.)

5. TOCE exhaust ( I love the loud sound TOCE makes and the aesthetics but it does not really offer any gains maybe a 1hp-2hp gain at most.)

6. TOCE mid-pipe/cat delete (Again with a cat delete maybe 1hp-2hp at most and a few lbs weight reduction probably 2-5lb.) Warning keep in mind if this is a street bike removing a CAT is illegal and only for race track use so I recommend planning your track days and install only for track days.)

7. TOCE ecu reflash (ECU flash will make your bike run smoother and possibly increase HP by a small amount but I'm not familiar with TOCE ECU flash)

8. Lightweight battery (lithium ion battery is recommend and one of the better upgrades on your list expect to save around 5lbs roughly).

9. Carbon Fiber Undertail (cosmetic maybe saves a few grams)

10. Monster fairing kit (entire kit) (cosmetic)

11. Carbon fiber tire hugger (cosmetic)

Your bike is definitely going to look nice and sound awesome. I do like the aesthetics of the Exhaust, also good choice in battery swap. Altogether your HP gain is negliable as well weight reduction. To make everything efficient, I would recommend getting a dyno with all your components put together.

What I'm doing with my bike once I get it I will list below.

1. Akropovic Exhaust (like looks and sounds, maybe save a few pounds)

2. Battery Swap lithium (smaller battery to run additional cabling in compartment for additional LED lights rear and front and whatever else I decide to store. Maybe save a few pounds.)

3. Dunlop Q3+ tires ( I have always used and love how they ride in the rain on the street builds confidence. And can hit an occasional light track day)

4. TST Industries front and rear LED taillight and signals.

5. Puig windscreen

6. CRG RC 2 levers (small hands and like to adjust on longer rides / commute. They look cool.)

I figure this is more then enough as the Honda CBR 600RR is already a great track tool and I feel my MODs are more cosmetic excluding the tires. If I ever get to pro racer level which is unlikely then maybe Ohlins suspension, an AFAM aluminum sprocket set, and Marchenessi magnesium wheels but these are thousands of dollars for pro race level rider or competition components outside my skill.

Take it easy bro and post a pic of your bike sometime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts