Capirossi
Hopkins
Hayden
Stoner

Round out the top 5, here are the times below:

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
man, the Zuk and RC211 were the fastest top speed on the track.

With a good launch, Nicky should be well on his way to a Podium.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Well Nicky was faster today...not by much but still faster. Something is up with Melandri tho, so who knows, he may not be on form come race day., check it out.

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=6&id=138850

Now just chill out a little bit, because you know Moe is gonna post the vdeos soon. I fi get impatient i may post em myself tho.
Todays results...

*spoiler space*

1. Stoner
2. Hayden
3. Roberts
4. Checa
5. Pedrosa
6. Edwards
7. Gibernau
8. Rossi
9. Hopkins
10.Nakano
11.Elias
12.Capirossi
13.Vemeulen
14.de Puniet
15.Tamada
16.Melandri
17.Ellison
18.Hoffman
19.McCoy
20.Cardosa

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Estoril round 2 free practice (spoiler)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
much better...this is gonna be a good one! impressive...the illmor 800 ahead of a 990

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Did Marco crash or have a breakdown or something?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes, Marco went down on his second lap and did not paticipate in the remainder of the session. Injuries are unknown at this point. Bummer.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Melandri:

"It's a shame about the crash because we were doing a good job," said Marco, tenth fastest in first free practice. "I probably went a bit too deep and ran onto the green painted strip on the outside of the corner, It was a fast crash [and] a hard one - I bashed the inside of my left knee. I'm ok but I feel weak right now. The knee is really painful but thankfully the X-rays haven't shown up any breaks."

·
Registered
965 Posts
this Sunday on SPEED

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We should merge this with the other Estoril post to consolidate the information. Way to go Nicky up into second. But as you know, this is just FP. Qualies are what count... We'll have to wait until tomorrow.

·
Registered
326 Posts
+1 on the thread merge.

And I disagree, his problem is not qualifying, it's the starts! He leads the BMW M Award qualifying deal, so he's good to go there. Hope the clutch is good!

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
the hole bike word is gonan be on the edge of their seats... hell Rossi already said he thinks its gonna come down to the last lap of the last race... i dunno man.. its tense right now, this is by far the best season in years.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
oh man i cant wait!!!! the wife was trying to make me go to a photo shoot with her sunday but that is NOT happening!!!! GOOOOOOO NICKY!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Who's getting up early to watch it live on m0t0gp.com? I want to see a real Rossi vs Nicky battle on the track. I think that is the only way Nicky can prove to the world that he can beat Rossi and earn the championship.

There have been so many other factors like malfunctions, being knocked down, passing on yellow flags, clutch problems, ect. A head to head battle is the only way to decide this thing for good; and the only way to silence the critics and truly please the worlds specators!!!!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
DISCO, i agree. i still think that whoever wins it, wins it, and thus deserves it, but to see hayden put a pass on rossi for the champtionship would be one of the best moments in GP history, and seeing rossi put a pass on hayden for the champtionship...well, that would just be another moment in rossi history to put in the GOAT evidence bag.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts