Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone here has used Evans waterless coolant in their bike. If so, did you notice any issues with overheating on hot days, or did you just run a bit hotter than normal? Any input is appreciated.

Cheers,

E

·
Registered
6 Posts
Personally I run 50/50 O'Reilly's coolant. It does just fine as of right now. I am adding a secondary fan to cool just for my own need. The bike never got past 228 event when I rode in 102 degree weather in Oklahoma. Not really a reason to run anything different. I will say if you sit in traffic a while you'll end up being more worried about the sweat pooling in your pants than the bike overheating ;) lol. I would just run 50/50 see how it works for you!

·
CBRCHRIS
108 Posts
If you warm weather ride only use distilled water and engine ice addictive, reduces engine temperatures by 12-18 degrees. Coolant is half distilled water and half anti freezing chemicals, coolant is what eats the hoses and water pump seals up over time. Even just running straight distilled water in the summer will run cooler then with 50/50 mix

1 - 3 of 3 Posts