then ultimately went with the 600RR?

·
HONDAholic
916 Posts
love my 6! but one day maybe i'll get a liter

·
Registered
81 Posts
was told i wouldnt live to see my next birthday if i got the 1000. either i would do something stupid on the way home or she would kill me if i made it

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
600s are where its at for me. The most I ever go these days is 120mph and believe me, the 6 takes you there FAST. So for my purposes, its more than enough

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
was told i wouldnt live to see my next birthday if i got the 1000. either i would do something stupid on the way home or she would kill me if i made it
any sport bike can get you killed!

it only goes as fast as YOU twist the throttle!!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
My next bike will be a 1000RR but I will keep my 600RR

·
Registered
195 Posts
My next bike will be a 1000RR but I will keep my 600RR
im on the same page. my next street bike will be an 08/09 cbr 1000rr (******* looooove the way it looks and drives). then i will switch my 600 probably into a track bike if i ever get my css license. i think the 1000 for the street is ok. the bike is fast, but only when you want it to be.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I like the 6 around town, the high revs make it a joy to twist the throttle and still be at controllable speeds. I'd like a 1K for my highway commute, though. passing in 6th gear is nice

·
Registered
163 Posts
Had an '05 600RR. Got a deal on a leftover '04 1000RR. Sold the 600RR for a CRF450X. Kept the 1000RR for a few year and then sold it to pay the last year of school. Bought a '08 600RR. 1000RR is a lot of bike which isn't needed on the street. Insurance also made sure to keep the wallet light...

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
i'd luv to have a 1k as a street bike and keep the 600 for the track. but for me it'll probably a used 08R1, 06/07Gix1k or zx-10... flame away

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
i was thinking the same thing... i want to but a bike i can keep forever and dump money into without wasting.. if i get a 600rr i want to be happy with it and from many riders here i here its perfect for the street and track.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only thing I want the 1000 for is the Repsol edition. And is could probably just get a 600 painted to match it

·
Registered
153 Posts
A few guys I ride with have/had 1000's - They like the power but mentioned that for the amount and type of riding we do the 1000 is too much.. not to mention them going through rear tires like a mofo.

So on the extra cost of the bike, maintenance, insurance etc. The 600 was a better fit. I've never had a 1000 so I can only go off of what I've heard. So needless to say there a few 1000's sitting in friends garages collect dust but not miles. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Most people will never ride a 600 to its full potential... being one of those people, I'll never own a 1000. I've ridden an R1 and the only way to describe it is: scary. A 1000 is too much bike for me and honestly probably too much bike for a lot of the people who buy them. And, repeating what others have already said... those things EAT tires and if the bike doesn't kill you, the insurance on it will.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts

Word... I saw a kid get killed on a YSR50 and he was going slow too. Doesn't matter if it's a 1000 or 600 really. 600's are fun cuz you can throw em around easier and they are screamers. I wouldn't ever trade up myself.

ysr50:

·
Registered
134 Posts

Exactly. :wave:

I loved my 600rr, more than enough power... now Im ridin a 1000. Its suprisingly tame... not scary at all. Its nice to not have to downshift from 6th to 3rd to make a pass or something.

All that dieing to young nonsence is for the birds... the 600rr is equally deadly weapon... but as far as the insurance companies are concerned... yes, more likely to eat it on the 1000.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts