Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Every 8000 miles

685 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ironmannFB3 
#1 ·
I have a question on maintenance inspections. How many of you do your own secondary air supply and valve clearance inspections? I have the service manual and I am mechanically inclined enough to do the rest of the inspections but removing the throttle body and cylinder head covers seems a little daunting. Would you advise someone new to engine diving to do this or would it be best to have a grease monkey friend walk me through it, or leave it all together and let the shop worry bout it?

#2 ·
Pick up a service manual and you can do it yourself.It will walk you through everything step by step.

You may need to buy some tools for it though.

#5 ·
a valve check is recommended every 16k miles, not 8k miles. Removing throttle bodies and cylinder head covers is no big deal. Just don't touch any of the IAC valves or you'll need to resync your throttle bodies (assuming they are in sync already). The valve check isn't a big deal. But it is tedious and time consuming.

Maybe this will help:
http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/248256.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.