Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is mine :D... I was going jet skiing with my best friend and his buddy... And I went into the guys garage and saw an 05 cbr600rr sitting there, all purdy like... So I started bsing with him about selling it.. And he said "600 bucks and its yours"

Well the catch to this was there was no title to it, or a key.. So it smelled kind of fishy... With his permission, I put an abandoned vehical removal request through the DMV, and about a week later I get a call from the original owner..

"I dont know why the hell that bikes still under my name, I'll come over and sign it over to you now"..

So 800 dollars later "200 bucks worth of Fluids and paper work" I was the owner of a completely legitimate 2005 cbr600rr..

I have new fairing comming in very soon "the bike was dropped twice, but completely mechanically perfect" and new covers :D..

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
hmmm interesting i hope its all legit and nothing comes back to bite you in the ass

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm interesting i hope its all legit and nothing comes back to bite you in the ass
Title is in my name and its registered and insured in my name, so I dont see this happening :D... Basically the guy sold the bike to some girl, and the girl never registered it in her name... She had a bill of sale, but never showed the DMV, than she left it at that guys house for some odd reason.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
hmmm well thats cool, that was some real luck on your part than eh?
edit: ill buy it from ya for a $1000 or trade ya even up for my 02 suzuki sv650s :) either way your makin money on the deal :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm well thats cool, that was some real luck on your part than eh?
edit: ill buy it from ya for a $1000 or trade ya even up for my 02 suzuki sv650s :) either way your makin money on the deal :)
hehe, as much as I like an Sv, imma keep my bike :D, I love that damn thing man, and it has WAY to good of a story to it too sell :p

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
how about 1,500 lol jk damn lucky on the buy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how about 1,500 lol jk damn lucky on the buy.
Hell yeah man, I'd have to agree completely with you on that one... Bike has 10k miles on it too... I cant wait to put this new fairing on it, its gonna be a diamond :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
<So I started bsing with him about selling it.. And he said "600 bucks and its yours">

So the moral of the story is be careful with your bsing. People have been known to be killed because of bsing.

Good motorcycle story. Sh*t I am extremely jealous you paid $1000.00 + fairing for a CBR600RR. I had to pay more than I could afford to get a CBR600RR. Fu&k life is just fu&king unfair.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Lucky doggie!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Good motorcycle story. Sh*t I am extremely jealous you paid $1000.00 + fairing for a CBR600RR. I had to pay more than I could afford to get a CBR600RR. Fu&k life is just fu&king unfair.
I am sorry, but its your own damn fault if you paid more then you could afford. Nothing unfair about it. No one to blame but yourself....

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
So, this is mine :D... I was going jet skiing with my best friend and his buddy... And I went into the guys garage and saw an 05 cbr600rr sitting there, all purdy like... So I started bsing with him about selling it.. And he said "600 bucks and its yours"

Well the catch to this was there was no title to it, or a key.. So it smelled kind of fishy... With his permission, I put an abandoned vehical removal request through the DMV, and about a week later I get a call from the original owner..

"I dont know why the hell that bikes still under my name, I'll come over and sign it over to you now"..

So 800 dollars later "200 bucks worth of Fluids and paper work" I was the owner of a completely legitimate 2005 cbr600rr..

I have new fairing comming in very soon "the bike was dropped twice, but completely mechanically perfect" and new covers :D..

fyi, that bikes **** full of oil, unless its some how standing up right. the oil should be between the lines when held STRAIGHT up and down.

·
Registered
115 Posts
very lucky.. My first bike story is terrible.

This was in Colombia and it was an 80cc bike, down there as long as you had the title and correct paperwork there was no need to have it under ur name.

So I bought a bike and got all the paperwork but never put it under my name, when I decided too, it turned out I had to go to the town where it was bought at(stupid laws)... this town was 13 hours away and needless too say not that safe to drive through the country in Colombia.

So I sent someone who did it for 50 bucks, turns out the signatures didn't match and I got no paperwork... At this time they starting making people have the bikes under your own name, so I quickly sold it and washed my hands same way as the other guy, except I told the truth and let them know what was up....

·
Registered
307 Posts
fyi, that bikes **** full of oil, unless its some how standing up right. the oil should be between the lines when held STRAIGHT up and down.
Very good observation. The bike looks to be on the kick stand and the oil is too full at that level. You'll want to drain some out as soon as possible.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
not bad bro not bad at all. you almost got mine beat .
=)
i got my 05 last oct.
i was selling a motorswap for a nissan 240sx (ca18det for those who know ne thing)
selling that for 1350.
this guy asked if i wanted to trade so i said not really but what you got..
he sent me a pic of the RR, after the blood returned to my head from the massive bonner the pic gave me i called him and got the details.
9K miles, yoshi exhaust, FE HID and prolly some other shite i forgot.
got it the next day after checking the VIN throu DMV .
you got yours cheaper but from the pics mine was in better condition. ha!
still damn good deal tho bro i hope it works out til the end.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very good observation. The bike looks to be on the kick stand and the oil is too full at that level. You'll want to drain some out as soon as possible.
Thanks guys for the observation, ill be sure to do that tomorrow when I get up o.o, I need to do an oil change on it anyways =P

·
Registered
821 Posts
well mines not as sweet as yours was but i picked up my first bike pretty randomly

my friend calls me and tells me about his friend whos selling a bike that doesnt run, he told me he was looking for 400, so i figured ehhh lets see it anyways

took my buddy whos been ridding since before i was alive to help me check it out. basicly been sitting for over a year outside because the guy lost interest, wasnt too bad just needed a little tlc

guy said he couldnt figure out why it wouldnt start and then stupidly said he would take like 200 just to get rid of it

paid 250 for it, brought it home, cleaner her up a bit, changed the oil, added gas, jumped her and she fired right up :)

best 250 bucks i ever spent lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts