Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is unreal....Cycle Riders of Longwood Florida

9 cop cars and three trucks pulled up to 'Cycle Riders of Longwood Florida' and raided the dealership at 3:15 yesterday.

Several employees were taken into custody for making copies of bike keys, and with home records, they were ripping bikes off.

The team captured 10 stolen bikes (2 busas) and a host of other stolen parts and a LOT of copied keys from other bikes at one of the employee's home.

The police are still looking for 4 others in the raid with 'arrest' on their minds.

If you've had you bike serviced there....LOCK IT UP.

Guys this is one of the MAIN dealerships here in Orlando.

If you've had a bike stolen...it might be from your own dealership.

Passed by CycleRider's or Orlando and there was an Orange County Deputy car there.

***Note-The dealership knew nothing about the thefts***

L

·
0 Posts
i have my suspicions of some guys that work at a dealership around here...

yet another reason why i will not let the dealer clowns anywhere near my bike.

V

·
0 Posts
Thats pretty nuts, good thing the cops took notice and did their job. :thumbup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Question for those who bought at a dealership. Did anyone else get the SportSafe coverage? Pay 380 for 5000 in extra coverage if the bike gets stollen?

I did, my bike got stollen and I was talking to the insurance lady who said that she just got another claim on her desk from someone else who had Sportsafe and had just gotten there bike stollen. That bike was stiing right next to another that didnt get touched and the other bike that didnt get stollen didnt have sportsafe.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen anything about this, or has Sportsafe on there bikes.

·
Registered
255 Posts
They are like 15min away from me...bastards

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does anyone have the direct link

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's pretty F*@ked up, but not all dealerships are there to simply rip you off. There are some decent dealerships out there, they may not be the biggest or the cheapest, but they are around.

Look for the family owned dealerships that still regard customer service, not just the guy in the magazine with the cheapest price.

Later,
MB

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I hate to say it but I've yet to come across a Honda dealership where everyone wasn't a prick ttrying to rip me off. Funny thing is ALL of the Kawasaki dealerships around here are awesome, friendly, and they cut you a good deal, plus they have a military rebate! Woohoo :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts