Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
:hello: :)

I'm still a Honda man, but I had to jump ship for the 06 R6. My RR IS my race/track bike though. Even though I did recently bring both to Spring Mountain Raceway. :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Canyonball said:
:hello: :)
http://imageshack.us/
http://imageshack.us/

I'm still a Honda man, but I had to jump ship for the 06 R6. My RR IS my race/track bike though. Even though I did recently bring both to Spring Mountain Raceway. :)

Awesome pics man...

I'll still be a Honda boy at heart too lol...

Couple questions for you, what are your impressions of it compared to your RR? Do you enjoy riding on more then the other? Anything that you love/hate about one and not the other? Sorry for all of the questions, i've been debating on getting one for a while and the ole lady finally approved so i'm trying to make my final decision lol.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
I have a friend w/ an 05 R6 but I have not met up w/ him yet since he got it. He had an 03 R6 before that and I did try that out but I did not have enough seat time on the RR to really compare.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven't rode an R6, but I sat on my buddies '06 R6 on Saturday and didn't like how the front of the seat area stuck out wider than my RR. I'd say the RR has more room to move your knees around and get comfortable. Just my quick observation and preferance, you may like how the R6 sits.

Also, I prefer bikes with lots of low end grunt. The '06 R6 apparently is geared for all top end power according to all the mags I've read reviewing them. Sure it's still quick down low, but just sharing my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Personally, I think the new R6s are ugly as hell. The new design just looks cheap. Performance wise, I think theyre pretty much like the RR, but looks wise.... forget it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
froggie3kb said:
Awesome pics man...

I'll still be a Honda boy at heart too lol...

Couple questions for you, what are your impressions of it compared to your RR? Do you enjoy riding on more then the other? Anything that you love/hate about one and not the other? Sorry for all of the questions, i've been debating on getting one for a while and the ole lady finally approved so i'm trying to make my final decision lol.
Thanks mang.
Hmmm, It's honestly an unbelievable machine as far as the handling goes. IMO the looks department too. Compared to a stock RR it turns in so quick and light that it's almost telepathic. I had to slow my inputs down when I first got her because it's just THAT good. Unlike older R6's, even though it turns in so quick, it's suprisingly stable at speed.

The sound of the bike is amazing as well. For a stock pipe, it's almost everything you want out of audible sensations. It has a low growl down low and at idle, but once you wring her out she SCREAMS with a stock pipe. It's not TOO loud like aftermarket pipes and not too mute like the stock RR... it's JUST right.

My RR isn't stock anymore and have a penske on the rear with Dunlop 209GP (190/60) so it almost turns in JUST as quick as the R6, yet still retains the better low/mid-end grunt the R6 doesn't have. HOWEVER, I have done several roll-on race's with a re-geared '04 600RR and an '05 GixxerSix'er and took them both by atleast two lengths by 130mph.

The power delivery is very linear and on thoses roll-on's it actually did much better than I expected overall and in the mid range pull.

My RR is paid off and is a straight trackbike and soon to be race bike (in July) so Idon't mind pushing it a bit at the track. My R6 is my streetbike which I'm still paying off and I honestly got it based on the looks alone. Evrything else was definately a plus, but just wanted a mean/pretty lookin street bike. I commute on it and it's more comfortable than the RR and has more than enough pull to ride on the streets (even though it's built for the track).

I love my RR and R6 and wouldn't give either of them up for anything. I'm almost positive all my next bikes will be Honda's though. The 06 R6 is just bad-ass though. :)

Sorry for the rant, but I hope I helped. Don't listen to any haters. Just get what YOU want.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Canyonball said:
Thanks mang.
Hmmm, It's honestly an unbelievable machine as far as the handling goes. IMO the looks department too. Compared to a stock RR it turns in so quick and light that it's almost telepathic. I had to slow my inputs down when I first got her because it's just THAT good. Unlike older R6's, even though it turns in so quick, it's suprisingly stable at speed.

The sound of the bike is amazing as well. For a stock pipe, it's almost everything you want out of audible sensations. It has a low growl down low and at idle, but once you wring her out she SCREAMS with a stock pipe. It's not TOO loud like aftermarket pipes and not too mute like the stock RR... it's JUST right.

My RR isn't stock anymore and have a penske on the rear with Dunlop 209GP (190/60) so it almost turns in JUST as quick as the R6, yet still retains the better low/mid-end grunt the R6 doesn't have. HOWEVER, I have done several roll-on race's with a re-geared '04 600RR and an '05 GixxerSix'er and took them both by atleast two lengths by 130mph.

The power delivery is very linear and on thoses roll-on's it actually did much better than I expected overall and in the mid range pull.

My RR is paid off and is a straight trackbike and soon to be race bike (in July) so Idon't mind pushing it a bit at the track. My R6 is my streetbike which I'm still paying off and I honestly got it based on the looks alone. Evrything else was definately a plus, but just wanted a mean/pretty lookin street bike. I commute on it and it's more comfortable than the RR and has more than enough pull to ride on the streets (even though it's built for the track).

I love my RR and R6 and wouldn't give either of them up for anything. I'm almost positive all my next bikes will be Honda's though. The 06 R6 is just bad-ass though. :)

Sorry for the rant, but I hope I helped. Don't listen to any haters. Just get what YOU want.

Wow, thanks for the nice write-up...

From your opinion, the bike sounds awesome!!! I have yet to even sit on one or even look at one in person, not 1 of the 3-4 Yamaha dealerships around me have had one in stock long enough for me to even come look at one..:( Which I guess is a good thing because i'm trying to get all of my research/decisions made before I can touch one because i'd probably end up signinf for one right there lol.

Once again thanks for the awesome review, its nice to hear it from an un-biased RR rider who loves his RR as well but can still say nothing but good things about the 06 R6...

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
froggie, had a good look at one the other day and had to say, the look is not something that i got straight away, it is cool but not a classic feel to it , performance is well above the rr according to those lucky punks that have got to ride one, that stubby exhaust is mean but under the seat is where it is at...just hold on a little more and order the 07 bro from the rumours it is gonna be insane!!!keep the faith !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts