Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the worst possable bug encounter yet,

Just got my new helmet thought I would take it for a spin

Riding around this local park slow speed decided to flip the visor up to get a little more air when I had one of those you see the bug coming and the see's you and the bee goes nooooooooooooooooooooooooo can't stop, smack well the bad new is that the impact with my face did not kill it just pissed it of a bit it fell to the wind deflector under my chin then decided to get some revenge.

Two stings on my chinny chin chin and I finally got the bike stopped flipped up my helmet the bee went on it happy way.

Moral of this story don't flip up the face shield all the way to get air 1/2 inch or so will do fine.

Just thought everyone could use a laugh at my expence

·
Registered
64 Posts
MRDTribalRR said:
Moral of this story don't flip up the face shield all the way to get air 1/2 inch or so will do fine.
I have had a bee get into my helmet (Arai RX-7RR) with the face sheild all the way down. Somehow, it came in the chin vent (when open). So, if you leave your visor cracked, you still have a chance of getting stung.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I have had some BAD experiences with bees and bikes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Two bees smacked into my neck at 80+ mph over the weekend ... almost the same spot back to back. The first time I thought I got shot... the 2nd time I was really pissed. The only freaking part of my body exposed to air.

It still looks like I got a big hickey on my neck now.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I hope that never happens to me! I was told when I was younger that I could be allergic to bees, I've never tested that out and don't plan to anytime soon.

·
Registered
157 Posts
One time I ran into a bee and it fell down my somewhat open jacket (hot that day), but it was still alive so I tried to squeeze it to kill it and it stung me in the thumb. nice.

Troy

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I've gotten bees inside my leathers before and once inside the helmet and it sucks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
There were three us about two years ago, out on the hwy in California.
I was a passenger and we where on sportbikes, early spring.

A couple of cruisers passed us, we where in no hurry. A few minutes later, we come around a turn and get pelted with a bunch of bees on our helmets and jackets.

And right on the side of the road about a half mile from where we got hit, the cruisers had stopped and the guys where dancing all over the place. They didn't have any jackets and only wore those half skull lids.

What a sight!!

Come to find out, the fields had bee boxes to polinate the farms.

The right gear does come in handy at times..... :icon_lol:

·
Registered
216 Posts
i can completely empathize with you, except mine actually cased more damage than pain. i was rolling down the H2 down here doing about 75-80 mph and a split second before it hit me i saw one of those large hornet looking bugs with a body about the size of your pinky finger. i had just a moment to register what it was before it expoded on my visor with the sound, and force, of someone hitting you in the face with a bat. my head snapped back and part of the guts got through the vent in front of my mouth and pureed bug doesn't taste too great. upon inspection the durn thing CRACKED MY VISOR!! just a little one, but still. my only thought after that was that i couldn't imagine hitting that with an open face helmet. it would have hurt a heck of a lot more and quite possibly i could have lost control of the bike and worse if i didn't have that full face. thank god for small miracles.

i also had a friend's father hit a crow on a harley (the big one with the windshield, ultra classic i think) going about 50 around a corner. he is convinced that if he didn't have the windshield he would be dead.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts