Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am very new to mike... only about 1,000 miles on it so far.

it is a 2008 cbr600rr with 9000km, all stock except flush mount signals.

Here is my issue and I can't tell if it's all in my head or if it has always been this way but the bike seems to be engine braking really hard... regardless of the gear.

If I'm cruising along in 6th gear and 3500rpm if I let off the gas the second the throttle is closed the bike starts slowing down very rapidly but the RPM doesn't rise like normal engine braking compression...

I know it's a drivetrain issue because if I pull my clutch in while cruising I will just coast and slow down normally.

Is it all in my head? Is this normal?

Also question #2 ... I just noticed my front right turnal signal is disconnected... the connection was just hanging loose... I can't seem to find where it plugs into... do I need to remove the fairing?

Cheers

·
Registered
240 Posts
Fairing for the blinker, yes.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
1st gear at 15k now thats engine braking

yes its normal.

Its much easier to remove the fairing

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Your engine breaking won't cause a spike in RPMs unless you're downshifting. Simply letting off the throttle in 6th at 3500 won't cause the RPMs to rise. The only way to get the RPMs to go up without downshifting is with the throttle.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Yea I'd say sport bikes in general decelerate very quickly when downshifting. When in traffic, I'll often coast a bit with clutch in because it's smoother at low RPMs and doesn't slow me down as quickly.

You'll most likely have to remove the fairing to get at the signal light wiring. If you're lucky you might see it through the hole after you remove your signal or you may only have to remove the black inner fairing that's by the radiator.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's worse when you go down in to 1st gear and the rear wheel locks/chatters.

This is why I have purchased a Slipper Clutch

·
Registered
227 Posts
who's mike? lol Sorry, I didn't have anything productive to say that everyone hasn't commented on yet and no one else had made the joke yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts