Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've owed my 2004 600rr, there has always been a kick when rolling on and off the throttle,
If you put the bike into 1st gear, with the engine off, you can roll the bike back and forward a few inches with the clutch out.
I'm currently in the process of changing my chain and sprockets, and noticed that even with the chain off, and in 1st gear, I can rotate the froward sprocket back and forwards about 30 degrees.
Is this normal for this bike or is it something worn inside the transmission?

Thanks

· Super Moderator
11,724 Posts
Now I'm going to have to go out and see how much play is in my '04. I've never paid any attention really but 30° sounds like too much play.

The throttle play is most likely a factory setting. Just make sure your throttle cable is adjusted for proper slack. The rest of the remaining "slack", or lag, is removed by reprogramming the TPS via fuel management systems like a Dynojet PowerCommander. My PC3 is an older, discontinued model but the newer versions, the PCFC or the PC6, should do the same and even more. But you will need to call them and confirm it still has the TPS recalibration function. I don't see it mentioned specifically for these models but it should be available in their PC software that both models should run on.

How many miles/Km are on this bike?

· Registered
394 Posts
I've never spun the front sprocket itself so I can't say if that is normal, but, your description while riding sounds like excessive chain slack or worn cush drive bushings and rolling a few inches while off and in gear is normal. Does the bike feel normal going up and down the gears while riding?

· Super Moderator
11,724 Posts
I used to use Bombardier lube for all of my cables but they don't make it anymore. So I switched to Yamalube Lubezall. Try lubing the cables with a cable luber and then readjust the slack.

I checked my rear tire and it looks like @ 15° of slack in rotation.

· Registered
885 Posts
Cush rubbers, they're worn-out or missing. Someone swiped them. Can you do this in neutral?

Reactions: NewRedRider
1 - 7 of 7 Posts