Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could get some help with the following. I've had my 05 600RR Tribal since last August (I had another one but it got jacked), and have just now started to tinker with it. I've got after-market turn signals, fender eliminator, frame sliders, and Dunlop qualifiers. But I'm looking to get an exhaust along with a PC3, but i'm stuck deciding between, Arata, Akrapovic, Two Brothers and Yoshimura I like the new box-style that they have, but want to know which is the better sounding, any help would be appreciated. Whats the best recommendation for regearing with a 520 conversion.

·
Banned
544 Posts
Most people go 15/45 which is -1/+2, I went 15/44 just because. Basically, you give up some top end for acceleration. Exhaust is another question entirely. Define better sounding to you, and that will help, some are louder than others, others are more raspy, or whatever. Arata has highest HP gains from what others have seen, but thats not a sound thing. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I want an exhaust that makes a sound that is deep, not a raspy D&D.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you a stunt rider? I ride twisty's in SOCAL.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of my friends had a D&D and he said it annoyed him so bad that he got rid of it. He says it reminded him of a pissed off bumble bee.

G

·
Why do you want 520 gears? If you're a street rider, use 525 gears with the usual tooth change. 520 on the street is retarded.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Two brothers has a pretty deep sound..I've got the yosh and the two bros definitely sounded lower than mines..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts