Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

view photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7e7nnf2y2vldb5i/AAC0VkgfuyCKEzVoaHpk0d3Ma

I hope someone on here can help me.

I have a 2003 CBR600RR

I just purchased some new down pipes (Second hand) from ebay. They look in great condition.

However, when I compare them to my current exhaust I noticed a large collar welded inside the exhaust exit.
This will not stop them fitting my bike, but I am worried it will restrict air flow and therefore reduce the performance of my bike. My questions are...

1. Is this collar normal in the exhaust?
2. Will the step and reduction in diameter cause a noticeable difference in performance, or should I not worry about this?

Thanks for your help

Jon

·
Registered
37 Posts
Doesn't it say 2006 right on the exhaust? You sure that's the same downpipe?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Casper, they do have 2006 written on them, but they were listed as 2003-2004 exhaust down pipes. Perhaps they are off an 06 bike, but as far as I know the downpipes are the same for 03-06. I can't find any images of any other downpipes with this large collar inside the exit, really strange.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The 04-05 downpipe is different and will not put the slip on in the right location on an 03. I tried lol. I do not know about the 06. I would put it all together to make sure it fits. I would not worry about the baffle in the downpipe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Casper, I've offered it up on the bike and it all seems tto fit. It looks identical to my current downpipes. Im just concerned the collar will restrict air flow and have a detrimental effect on performance. I don't want that when I head to Brands in a couple of weeks!
Has anyone out there seen this type of collar in the downpipe exit before? Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I managed to use a file to remove the welds and then made up a kind of slide hammer with some threaded bar and sockets to bash the collar out. Its out now, so I'll fit the exhaust next weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts