Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that my exhaust was sagging below the tail pretty badly. I looked up under the tail and apparently the bolt that held it up to the tail has dissappeared. Unless anyone has a suggestion, I can't see anyway of replacing it without removing the tail section (which I would rather not have to do since I have little to no time). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Anyone know exactly what size bolt I need? If the tail needs to be removed I may just get an aftermarket exhaust and do it all at one time.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Good example of why people should check for tightness periodically. Things do come loose. You can either go to Ace Hardware and get you a bolt that fits for a couple of bucks or buy an aftermarket like you said. But either way you're going to have to take the tail off. I don't think you will be able to get to the bolt with it on. That's by memory.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
SLAPS808 said:
dont forget the threadlock!
werd. I use it on EVERYTHING

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It takes 3 minutes to get the tail off.

2 seat screws, 4 under rear seat, disconnect light.... 2 pushpins and its off.

·
Registered
739 Posts
you can put on the exhaust or exhaust bolt with the tail still on. I did it when I installed my Leo. It's just a little of a tight squeeze for ur hands

·
Registered
206 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Good example of why people should check for tightness periodically. Things do come loose. You can either go to Ace Hardware and get you a bolt that fits for a couple of bucks or buy an aftermarket like you said. But either way you're going to have to take the tail off. I don't think you will be able to get to the bolt with it on. That's by memory.
Yea its true, things do come loose. I think my rear spool may have hit someones windsheild on the highway today :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
tail comes off real fast bro, two screws under back of ur seat, then two bolts under passenger seat, and two screws one on each side, unplug light, and it slides right out...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thread lock, and like everybody on here says...TAKE YOUR TIME. It shouldnt matter if it takes 2 hours to take the tail off...do it and be patient. Just grab some new bolts, lock tight, a beer or wine, some scented candles, your favorite Barry Manilow album, and work it out with the bike. You two will still be friends in the end...friends with benefits, that is.:love10: :burnout:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts