Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for full exhaust for my cbr600rr'07. Most reasonable prices on ebay.com (US) but import charges (~200 USD) make my dream impossible
Is there any chance to minimize or get rid of customs duties ?

LeoVince, Arrow, Youshimura I'm happy with all of them if I can get them for reasonable price.

Any thoughts appreciated.

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Exhausts

There are plenty of places in the UK offering those brands. Calsport, B&C Express and HPS, to name but a few companies, all offer competitive prices and you will not have to pay customs tax and import duty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are plenty of places in the UK offering those brands. Calsport, B&C Express and HPS, to name but a few companies, all offer competitive prices and you will not have to pay customs tax and import duty.

Thanks for your reply, but ...
I've checked a few of them:

Arrow £837 (B&C)
Yoshimura £891 (Calsport)

While Arkapovic imported from US including customs duties and shipping cost £860 (Calsport offer same Acrapovic for £1176)

I'm not sure the prices are reasonable

·
2,806 Posts
Exhausts

Try calling the companies directly, especially Calsport, as they may be able to offer a better price than advertised on their website. As for customs charges bear in mind it is calculated on the total value of the goods, including postage and packaging, and not just the value of the product on its own. So if a seller in the US is charging a high rate of international shipping you will be even worse off when you come to pay the customs and import duties levied.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Do you get hit with import fees if it comes from a private person, or just if it's from a business?

If they don't, feel free to contact me if I can help. I've purchased parts for others overseas from vendors over here, and shipped it to them, to decrease the cost.

·
2,806 Posts
Exhausts

I'm using bike for trackdays and club races only.
Give Calsport a call. If you hold a valid ACU Race Licence and can provide them with a copy of it you will be eligible for discounts on most products.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
Another problem is that, if you're buying for road use, a can from the US might not be E marked.

Having said that, if it's a full race exhaust then it won't be E marked, regardless of where you buy it from.

If you get a snotty Polis then they might give you a ticket. Depends on how friendly they are in your area!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts