Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm removing my exhaust header this week and I've been looking for gaskets to replace them and I've never felt with motorcycle header gaskets so I a little confused on these little rings instead of one large gasket like on a car. I know I need the four rings for each cylinder but is there anything else I need to replace my gaskets or is it just those four rings

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
You would not need anything else just a set of gaskets

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I just got my exhaust off, as far as replacing the rings do I just pull out the old rings or do I need to worry that I could potentially damage something?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok also where my slip on meets the manifold do I need to have any type of liquid gasket there because the previous owner put some orange gasket stuff there and I was curious if I needed to as well

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have never replaced any gaskets installing aftermarket full system exhausts on my bikes and never had any leaks or issues. I would think that being metal gaskets they can be multi use like an oil pan bolt crush washer. I would not put any other type of gasket liquid or otherwise just the metal ones. The aftermarket yoshimura exhaust pieces are just held together with springs, no gaskets

1 - 6 of 6 Posts