Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bikes brand new hasnt even been started yet. Will i need a new exhaust gasket for my Full Yoshi exhaust or can i get away with the stock one on there?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
get new ones. I didn't cause I forgot and haven't had any leakage, but its still a good idea to get them since they distort as soon as the header is installed.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Get new ones. It's worth it for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
oh man, im a dumbass!!!! he said full exhaust. i dont why i was thinking a slip-on.
i need to read better and carefully. lol. :book1: :01_bitchs

in that case i agree with the others. get a new gasket!

·
Registered
222 Posts
the gaskets are designed for one time use. They are a soft copper and deform quite easily. Its highly unlikely that once it forms to fit one exhaust header, it would fit another header.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm planning on replacing my gaskets soon. I got 4 copper rings. Are these it? or did I buy the wrong part? This is what the stealership gave me. I'm looking at my engine and I don't see an easy way to take the old rings out. What do you guys recommend?

K

·
0 Posts
Solid said:
Will i need a new exhaust gasket for my Full Yoshi exhaust?
yes. they are crush gaskets. they're only used once and are considered used the moment they are torqued down.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
just get them from your dealership...whats the big deal? Online you'll have to wait around 2 weeks. Usually the dealer doesnt have these in stock, so they charge you and special order them. I believe I paid around $17 for all four and my dealer had them in 3 days.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
The Yosh full system does NOT use exhaust gaskets!
um, 20 dollars says, yes it does, where the header meets the head.

·
Registered
710 Posts
um, 20 dollars says, yes it does, where the header meets the head.

UMMM, not according to their instructions. Just installed ours last week and it specifically states not to use the gaskets.

20. Disconnect exhaust valve cables from servo motor and remove stock header and exhaust port gaskets (no exhaust​
port gaskets will be used with the Yoshimura full system).

I will PM my addy so you can send the $20! Better yet, just send the $20 to the RRW air fence fund. A bet is a bet...right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts