Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a akrapovic exhaust on and a tripage light.
now, i havent had any melting issues, but man my tail section gets cooking!
how can i battle this heat or should i even worry about it?
i was thinking about hear wrapping maybe the muffler up to the carbon section, or just getting the heatshield that sticks to the plastic under section.
the heatwrap on the muffler is probably not the beast idea but it would probably work.

ide also like to lower my muffler about a inch so my brake light is more visible and i figure that would also reduce the heat from the tail section by giving it more space...but thats probably a winter project. ive got some LED license plate bolts im going to tap into the brake light as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the same setup but haven't noticed this

·
Registered
129 Posts
I heard that someone was releasing a new heat shield, cant remember who now.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same setup but haven't noticed this
my buddy has the same setup as well and he has the same heat but no melting or anything.
i think he put some reflective heat shield on.

that lava one looks like it may be good but their description makes me think is a BS product for some reason... uses lava and carbon fiber...really? and the sell a HP heat shield

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
My Akra itself is so cool to the touch, even when running at full temp.

I'm sure the exhaust gasses themselves are hot, but the titanium canister is cool enough that I can touch it while running and even tie nylon straps around it.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got some of the stick on heat shield and covered the under tail section.
my buddy had a lot left over and he got it from some automotive performance shop.... not sure of the brand.
Maybe it will do something... maybe it wont. We will see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts