Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the temps get warm here in NC, I'm really noticing the undertail exhaust system. My seat gets real hot, not a major issue, but it's there. Bike is bone stock. Will any particular aftermarket slip-on help? I intend to upgrade for better sound later this spring.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
bobbis, i have an 06 as well....and after a while you get used to it. i can't say i've ridden in 90 degree weather just yet but the warm seat sure does help during the colder months.

·
Registered
344 Posts
airbox said:
Will a CF slip on help? I know they dissipate heat alot better.
i've been wondering the same thing

i mean it was great in the winter time. having a heated seat rocks ;), but now i'm getting a serious case of swamp ass sometimes.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
airbox said:
Im sure it would be the only down fall to CF is..... $$$

·
Registered
173 Posts
airbox said:

My wife use to complain about the heat when she would ride pass. but after I installed the yosh cf slip on she says the heat is not bad. So I would say yes the cf will help a little.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about those who run no heat sheilds....

...after removing the stock exhaust? Seems like lots of people do this. I would guess it's going to be worse. I was looking to get a stainless pipe because of cost.

·
Registered
304 Posts
bobbis said:
As the temps get warm here in NC, I'm really noticing the undertail exhaust system. My seat gets real hot, not a major issue, but it's there. Bike is bone stock. Will any particular aftermarket slip-on help? I intend to upgrade for better sound later this spring.

Thanks
Use a Carbon Fiber exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts