Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TurtlesScout
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to replace just my stock canister with a aftermarket??? or do i have to replace the mid pipe to?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
stock can and pipe are welded together, while it could be cut apart to use with a random can, it is not advised since used exhausts can be had for $300 or less.

·
TurtlesScout
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
because im talking to some one witha hindle can for 160. would i not get the preformance when i put the air filter and pcII thing?

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
aahh newbies.... i remember those days. Save your money and get a full kit (can and mid pipe)

·
Ocho Cinco
1,715 Posts
AFwestPunk said:
aahh newbies.... i remember those days. Save your money and get a full kit (can and mid pipe)
+1!!! Don't try to shortcut it. You'll be a lot happier buying a full kit!

·
TurtlesScout
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinkin that also cuz i like the jardine and its only 100 more brand new

·
Registered
222 Posts
AFwestPunk said:
slip-on = can + midpipe

full kit = can + midpipe + headers

·
Registered
585 Posts
Try e-bay...there are deals on there all the time

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just get the slip on. it comes with the midpipe and you will be much happier with less work. you can put it on yourself in a snap. Good luck. I have the Jardine and love it. Bang for buck.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
ins516rr said:
because im talking to some one witha hindle can for 160. would i not get the preformance when i put the air filter and pcII thing?
if your going to get the filter and the pcIII you might as well not take a shortcut on the exhaust... get at least a slip on.. i know full systems are quite expensive so thats understandable too look past.. but even a nice used slip on you could get for $200 or less and a new one for under $300

1 - 10 of 10 Posts