Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom exhaust made out of a Cherry Bomb. Don't pay attention to how it looks. I've since cleaned it up and painted it.
Compared to a gutted stock exhaust.

https://youtu.be/_5zxuGG8b9c

I did this because my stock exhaust was really raspy and I wanted a deeper rumble. I might want to put in a baffle and move the tip to the center instead of the top to reduce turbulence. I do have the stock tip on there so there is enough backpressure. I'm sure with a tune I could pick up a few hp, but the Cherry Bomb is really heavy, so that would probably balance out. I have noticed a small drop in power down low between idle and about 2.5k, but there's no noticeable power loss anywhere else. It resonates (quieter) at around 4.5k so that's where I cruise. 4th gear at 40 mph is quite reasonable sound-wise.
An aftermarket exhaust would run circles around this, but for those strapped for cash, it's not a bad option if you want a deeper exhaust note.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Parkerr said:
Record some fly by videos :D
Working on that. I usually don't like leaving my cameras by the side of the road unattended even if it's for only a minute. I'll get a clip soon though.

Not the first cherry bomb exhaust here.
Yep I know. I'm just sharing mine. I called it my prototype because it's ugly and not quite "finished" enough (also so more people click the thread >:)). I might end up making a second one if I don't find a good deal on an actual slip-on. But on the second one I will take what I learned from this one and make it really nice. Maybe find a lighter option in place of the Cherry Bomb, make a custom mandrel bent midpipe, TIG weld it instead of MIG...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts