Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, so some of you may know i fitted a new engine to the beast and a new full system, in my idiocy i threw away the servo motor so couldn't do the DIY which would have been fine, so i bought a healtech ESV eliminator plug to get rid of the FI light on code 35 (cheaper than buying another motor to hack up) however I am still plagued by the damn code flashing up, i have bridged the wires to reset the ecu, i have also tried unplugging the two large grey plugs with the battery connected to use that reset method as well (props to the guy who found that who's username i forget) but still no joy.

I have done a quick search and can't find anything that really covers this, the haynes doesn't have an answer for me beyond 'faulty esv motor' which isn't the case since it's not there, is it possible i've just been sent a dodgy plug, or is there something else I can check (prior to the crash every last thing on the bike was absolutely perfect and taking it apart besides one bolt, has been an absolute dream)

any help would be greatly appreciated, oh and it's UK spec.

cheers

·
Site Sponsor
358 Posts
Faulty Healtech product.
I am sure someone else had an issue with one of their servo devices too.

Either way, that should have solved your problem as that's the only thing that plug controls.
+1 If you can't get the HealTech one replaced, ServoBuddy makes a great option.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got in touch should have a new one tomorrow, fingers crossed, unfortunately the servo buddy's are imported so cost more over here in the good old UK, unless someone can point me in the right direction, but cheers for the confidence i haven't fucked up :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah, well, that was the original plan to make one from the original plug...but genius here lost/threw away (i think) the servo motor, so i ballsed that up...i even have all the resistors and stuff ready ha ha, we'll see what tomorrow brings lol

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
Just chop off the stock plug and wire the stuff into your harness. Leave enough length on the wires attached to the plug to reverse your work if need be.

No reason to be afraid of cutting wires.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm not scared of chopping wires, that was the initial plan, i had thrown away the servo motor by mistake, already have the guide, and the materials lol, besides, the new unit has arrived today so i'll try and fit it tonight if i get chance, see if it works...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah, yeah, i had that thought, but i'm trying to keep it so I can return it to stock if i decide to sell (unlikely but may be necessary as i'm after a blade next, but will be wanting to keep this as a track tool if financially viable)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, new healtech unit came...still doesnt ******* work, presumably the wires connect elsewhere, is it possible there is a connector i've forgotten to plug in at the other end somewhere during the engine transplant?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well after a second one not working, they have decided to send me V2 to correct it throwing the error up...it's coming direct from hungary though, update will follow when it arrives

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
It may be worthwhile picking up a used servo off ebay for a plug donor. I've seen them as low as $10.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It may be worthwhile picking up a used servo off ebay for a plug donor. I've seen them as low as $10.
that's the next step if this doesn't work, i've already got all the parts...shame motors over here cost a fair bt more though

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
I feel that you need to adjust your method of trouble shooting. Perhaps you are so focused on this servo plug that you are overlooking something simple. Could be a pinch in the harness or a loose ground etc

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I feel that you need to adjust your method of trouble shooting. Perhaps you are so focused on this servo plug that you are overlooking something simple. Could be a pinch in the harness or a loose ground etc
see that was my first thought, so i ran through all my wire routing and checked everything is good and secure and everything is plugged in and has room to flex where needed, healtech have reviewed my video and are satisfied it's an issue with their unit, so have now said they will make the plug fix as per the guide on here for me since my hands still a bit screwed and i can't solder properly, so that will hopefully fix it, I have tried getting in touch with honda who just want me to drop it with them at great cost, which i currently still have no funds for so that's a no go for now... in 3 days i should get the new unit made to the guide's specs...sigh, at least i have a new subframe coming

1 - 20 of 20 Posts