Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there instructions anywhere on how to install a slipon? I would just like to see what tools are needed and what is involved. Don't know if I need to cut any pipes or if everything is just parts replacement and bolting.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am in the middle of a slip-on install right now. All you need is an 11mm socket, I believe, could be a 12 and a number 5 allen wrench and the big Allen for the Passager pegs and right side rear set. One screwdrive to take off the lower fairing and that is it, that will take the rear off of the bike and get the stock pipe off. There is no cutting of the pipe needed, hints the term slip-on unless you want to do something custom but I could think of what that might be. I am getting my pipe today so I will know more about the remount but from all I have read on here it is pretty straight forward. Took me all of 30min to take the rear of the bike apart and remove the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Really? No cutting involved? I just bought the Jardine RT1 slipon and thinking there was definitely cutting involved simply because I don't see a place on the pipe that bolts together. Looks like it's a solid stock pipe with numerous welds. Am I wrong to assume this? Cuz I'll be happy if I am wrong.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i am pretty sure you don't have to cut anything. i didn't have to when i put on my two bros. you are working with a slip on and not a full exhaust and even it was full then you shouldn't have to cut anything.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
go to the two bros web site. you should be able to download a pdf file of instructions. may not be the same exhaust but it will be very simillar proceedure.

·
Registered
132 Posts
A slip-on just has a clamp that goes over it, a bolt-on would be like the old gixxers where the can had 4 bolts in it. There should never be any cutting with any standard aftermarket pipe. Don't forget a new muffler gasket too. I reused my old one, but it was not in the best of shape, and it leaks a little bit. I have a new gasket, just been too lazy to put it on! The heatshield is up to you. Mine is not on right now, but I'll probably put it back on to cut down on some of the heat on my right foot.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i wouldn't worry about heat all that much. alot of people on here have left them off. i don't have a problem plus it will help you stay warm on those lovely winter rides.

·
Registered
797 Posts
uhmm if you ride for a long time, you'll notice the heat shield off!!! however just daily commuting wont even know its missing... uhmm also i dont know if you already installe it but heres a link its for the 03-04 but you get the idea hope thaat helps broddah...
http://www.aratausa.com/html/pdf/honda/cbr600_03-04.pdf

1 - 14 of 14 Posts