Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike shoots a little puff of white smoke after i rev it high in the rpm, runs fine, idles fine just curious if thats normal?

·
Registered
869 Posts
How many miles on the bike? Most bikes with more then 10,000 hard like miles have been known to blow a little smoke when snapping the throttle open.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
is it really white or greyish or a blue tint???

it will make a difference...

·
Registered
901 Posts
probally have bad oil ring on one or more piston .. the actuall compresion rings compress under combustion but as the engine just winds down the rings arnt pressed against the wall .. so an oil wiper not doing its job will cause this everytime ..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Should this be fixed asap? Consequices of not fixing, yea seems like a whitish grey smoke at like 13 grand or so. Has 9k on it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
600rr's are notorious for doing this. I've spoken with mechanics and many do this from day one. It's most noticeable in cool weather. No harm to the engine i'm told.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
600rr's are notorious for doing this. I've spoken with mechanics and many do this from day one. It's most noticeable in cool weather. No harm to the engine i'm told.
Well thats reassuring and holy **** thats some smoke!

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Everyone knows that IO-Bot beats the piss out of his bike hence the reason for the smoke. Most bikes that do smoke have probably had some ruff miles put on her.

·
Registered
172 Posts
All bikes smoke at least a little bit.

It's the color, the extent and the temperature they smoke at that matters.

K

·
0 Posts
do you happen to have a PCIII on this thing?

and it's a little puff of whitish grey smoke?

That KINDA sounds like a fueling problem, a little lean actually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts