Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question i have seen some riders that will not have any exhaust on their bikes at all. is that good for the bike or does it have no effect at all. again this is comin from a guy that is just getting in to bikes alot so be gentle lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and sorry for not adding this i do know that if they dont have anything on the actual headers or valves that they will eventually burn them add thats all i know lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
It wont burn the valves so much as it will warp them from coming into contact with much cooler air after being exposed to very high engine temps. Are you saying you know of guys that run zero exhaust? NO midpipe or not even a header? That mere thought of how that would sound makes me cringe in horror. I have seen guys leave off a can and install a turn down which sounds equally bad. Loud, abnoxious, and a lack of back pressure. All around not a good idea.

·
Registered
991 Posts
There was a huge thread no this a few months ago with a lot of technical evidence for both sides, try searching for it cause it was really good if you want to know the ins and out of your exhaust down to the tiniest detail. From what I understand as long as you leave the header on with the Cat converter there will be back pressure. So taking the can off is not really a big issue (although it sounds shitty IMO). If you run it bare right from the engine then ya, you are gonna do some damage. My advice, run the bike the way it is designed, with a full exhaust system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts