Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

"exotic" exhausts

3K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  jpatrosso 
#1 ·
i see the flames comming from this already but........ whats the word on the arrow "211v" style double exhaust with the little side can ?

is it loud ? is it decent ?

and secondly whats the scoop on the termiginome ( i know thats spelled wrong ) exhaust for the rr ? is it loud ? does it sound good ? couldnt bring up any thing on youtube

and lastly if you had the chance between one of the above or a leo vince sbk which would you take and why ( lets say they where all the same price )

#2 ·
I can only offer up my opinions based on what I've ridden-

Jardine- Cheapest sounding, looks good, has a tinny zingy sound
Leo Vince- Really loud, but rather exotic sounding midrange.
Akrapovic- Quietest, but deeper, more professional sound all around. My full system is louder than the leo under 5k RPM
FMF- Sounded like a louder, smoother, deeper stock across rev range
Two Brothers- Really loud, kinda raspy. Ugly, but it's good bang for the buck if you want to make a racket.

Haven't ridden with the ones you questioned, but I thought a free bump couldn't hurt.

#3 ·
I can only offer up my opinions based on what I've ridden-

Jardine- Cheapest sounding, looks good, has a tinny zingy sound
Leo Vince- Really loud, but rather exotic sounding midrange.
Akrapovic- Quietest, but deeper, more professional sound all around. My full system is louder than the leo under 5k RPM
FMF- Sounded like a louder, smoother, deeper stock across rev range
Two Brothers- Really loud, Very deep, not raspy at all. Ugly, but it's good bang for the buck if you want to make a racket.

Haven't ridden with the ones you questioned, but I thought a free bump couldn't hurt.
fixed it for ya

#7 ·
#10 ·
I have a yosh titanium and it basically has the stock exhaust sound but louder. Kinda hard to explain, not deep, not rashpy, just a nice sound while louder then the whine the stock exhaust makes. I like it from 1k to 15k rpms. I mainly bought it cuz some guy was selling it at a blow out price (under $200 SHIPPED) brand new in the box. I just couldn't see spending $500+ on an exhaust when the power gain is pretty much all the same no matter what exhaust you get give or take a pony or 2 that the NON-professinal wouldn't feel anyway, but that's me.

#15 ·
I have a hyperflo exhaust system and find it to be really loud with the sound cores removed (standing next to the bike, it can be hard to hear the person next to you), it also has a very deep sound and looks awesome. I know this wasn't one that you were looking at but I figured id throw my 2 cents out there.:cruising: Here is a link to the site

http://www.hyper-flo.com/

Just FYI, you have just converted a die hard yoshimura fanatic. These will be ordered next month.:shakehand

#13 ·
have arrow full system, ss (indy not race). carbon can

nice sound, not loud w baffle in, can use at tracks w/sound limits no prob (97 dB).

I do not want loud, i think it pisses people off and does not work in your favor w/LEO's.

probably 10 lbs lighter than stock exh. assy. + bulletproof.

#25 ·
How does the Yoshi RS-5 carbon slip on fall in comparison? Cost? Sound? etc....

Looking at getting leo vince, little pricey tho.

#27 ·
How does the Yoshi RS-5 carbon slip on fall in comparison? Cost? Sound? etc....

Looking at getting leo vince, little pricey tho.

I like my Yoshi... It has a nice smooth sound to it and sounds GREAT under load in the 5K+ RPM range. I personally think the looks are top-notch too. Very high quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.