Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have explained the issue im having with my bike in a few threads but till now got no useful help or answers.

the reason why im asking in this forum is cz all bike mechanics in this region (dubai) are sh!t,

the problem is, after riding my bike for 15 mins at a bike temperature over 185, it goes into sort of a limp mode and top speed drops down to 70mph, and eventually to around 50mph, with rpm of max 6 or 7.

weird thing is that when bike is re-started, for the first 30 seconds rpm revs to maximum and then goes back to the stupid limp mode, and so that made me think its a sensor related issue.

I bought the bike in winter, and had no issues whatsoever until now when the weather started to get hot and humid.

pleeeeaaaaaasseee help

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
What have you checked so far?

I would start with checking battery connections as well as grounds on the bike. The next thing i would check out is the fuel pump. It may be able to sustain enough pressure/volume to run the bike for a bit, but eventually can't keep up.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I have heard of weird issues caused by low radiator fluid in radiator ...

But do you get any flashy lights?

Another possibility is a crushed vent line off the tank and after you ride for a bit the vacuum in the tank may be enough to cause the fuel pump to not beadle to freed enough fule

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Fuel pump, ignition pulse generator, overheating ecu...

Is the MIL flashing at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts