Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My temp plate expired yesterday... The real one is "in the mail" somewhere and I really want to go riding any idea how much sh*t this could land me in? The bike is from MI and I'm living in Chicago now... thoughts?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just picked up my bike from Virginia and I live in Maryland now. I threw on my tag from my old bike when I lived in Pennsylvania for a few rides and to get it to the inspection station. Obviously its only to deter cops from getting on your case, but if you were to be in an accident or get pulled over, your screwed for sure. Unless the cop decides to let you go if your "going to get it inspected" and take it right home after. Its a risk, but I am unsure of the penalty.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Temporary plates/paper tag looks very bad in most cops eyes. Reason being theives steal bikes, get a copy of a temp plate and ride around with them.

Get a real plate as soon as you can.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea i would hurry up and get a real plate. In the mean time you might want to try and get a dealer paper plate. Cops dont seem to bother you if the bike looks like you just bought it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry i should have clarified... It is a paper dealer plate but it's only valid for 15 days (Aug15-30)...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i had the same situation, i was insured and registered but didnt get the plate b4 the temp expired (3 weeks), i kept it on the bike got pulled over a few times but once they ran me and seen i was completely legal and knew the story they sent me on my way with a "ride safe"!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome thats more of what i was looking for... I was actually thinking of calling the dealer and getting the real plate #... then again since its in the computer somewhere they can always run the vin as well...

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and tell them you want another temp till your tag arrives. T
Even if it's in the mail, they are supposed to cover you till it arrives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts