Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 03' a few months ago...the guy said that he had bought an extended Honda factory warranty...got until 2009! I went to the dealership and his story checked out.

What kind of stuff does that warranty cover? Anyone have a link they can post that will list all of the specifics? My local Honda dealership is no help at all!

If I have a problem and bring the bike in...is the labor covered or just the parts?

Thanks

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
it's basically like an extended warranty on a car, labor and parts coverage with no mileage restrictions.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You can also buy the extended warranty on e-bay ( as I later found out!) so you might check that to read what is covered in the seller's blurb.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just got the letter from Honda the other day as my '04 is about to go out of warranty. Got to reading the back under what was covered, and it looks like it don't cover ****. I think if your tranny went out and they found a note in it that said something like "Haha, screw you American" written in Jap they might cover it but it has a lot of outs for them to use.

·
Registered
19 Posts
bishopm14 said:
I just got the letter from Honda the other day as my '04 is about to go out of warranty. Got to reading the back under what was covered, and it looks like it don't cover ****. I think if your tranny went out and they found a note in it that said something like "Haha, screw you American" written in Jap they might cover it but it has a lot of outs for them to use.
I'm with you, man. When I bought my '04 a few months ago, I was told the optional extended warranty covers everything. If I had a problem, bring the bike in and parts/labor/mandatory services would be covered. Those dealers sure know how to stretch the truth...

A few weeks later I got the Honda Warranty in the mail. To my disappointment. they give themselves leave of almost every conceivable situation and actually only cover a handful of things that could possibly go wrong.

I didn't really expect them to cover every situation, including 'my fault' problems, but I definately didn't expect to see them relieve themselves of any/all responsibility, immediately.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Warranty ROTFLMAO! I had my bike for 2 months and it started slipping in every gear (It's an 05 with 2725 miles at the time) Dealer swore (TWICE) if he tore it down he wouldn't find anything wrong and that warranty wouldn't cover so I should expect to pay $410.00. I take it to another shop and he adjust it at the top and the bottom and after putting 300 miles on it since Thursday I think it's stronger than when I picked it up the first day with 0 miles. Honda dealers will find an out for themselves if they can. TRUST ME! I don't understand this either because it looks like they would make more money and customers if they treated them right instead of having earned the STEALERSHIP reputation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts