Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
plenty of bikes with stretched out swingarms and wider tires down south in Florida.

personally it makes my stomach turn inside out.

·
Registered
596 Posts
yah miami , have more bikes with stretched and big tires then any other state. but it make sense because there is no corners, i hate the look and would never do it .

·
Registered
208 Posts
i think a 240 & a single sider (stock length ) would look awesome

K

·
0 Posts
we're not big fans of performance reducing modifications if you haven't noticed.

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
well, here's an extended swing arm, but with a stock rear; http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=78263&highlight=chrome . look's like crap when i see it on a brand new bike. if it was an older bike, for some reason it doesn't seem to bother me as much. like Slugger said, this site is not going to be very supportive of these retard'ocations......oh, i'm sorry, i mean modifications. also, the chrome is "ricey blingness" (think i might copyright that.) as well. T.K.

·
Registered
308 Posts
when i lived in o-town i saw more stretched bikes than stock ones. There were always people drag racing by my apartment complex so I guess this might explain why people do it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
we're not big fans of performance reducing modifications if you haven't noticed.
Unless the performance is in a straight line, then you will get your a$$ kicked by this guy. Form follows function.

I agree that they don't look as sexy with the long swing arm, though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
there are plenty down here in FL. Esp GSXR 600s and 750s. For the bigger bikes (liter and up), the ones setup for drag, I dont particularly mind. Its not my cup of tea but when you struggle to get power down the longer swingarm does help..theres a few gsxr1000s and R1s running boost and bottle with the long swingarms that show up at bike night all the time, although I see no need for that kinda kick in the pants in taht case the swingarm helps..but I dont get them on the 600s..they dont look great and they add weight..not to mention screw any bit of handling you may have had

i also dont get how alot of them dont think chrome adds weight..thats another 5-10 pounds if you dekc your bike out..which is a lot in biek terms. oh well. My boy has a hooked up r1, stretched and whatnot. He took it to a shop and had them do it up, and he couldnt really explain to me exactly why he had only one caliper..he said "um aerodynamics, less weight" nothing bad on my buddy hes good to go, i just think its the style for drag bikes for some reason. He ended up admitting he wasnt really sure of it. His bike is pretty sick though

·
Registered
138 Posts
not a big fan of the stretched swing arm...anybody can haul on a straight..but i would have to admint the stretched swing would help alot in acceleration...its all about the twisties/rider

·
Registered
244 Posts
anybody can haul on a straight..
So everybody on these bike pages are GP stars? If dragging is so easy, as a few have implied here, then you ought to hit the local drag strip and take the cash home every weekend. I understand hitting twisties is a different set of skills than drag racing, but really, some of you sound just plain ignorant. I am obviously on the wrong page.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
So everybody on these bike pages are GP stars? If dragging is so easy, as a few have implied here, then you ought to hit the local drag strip and take the cash home every weekend. I understand hitting twisties is a different set of skills than drag racing, but really, some of you sound just plain ignorant. I am obviously on the wrong page.
ummmmm ... but these are 600's .

its like drag racing a mini van .sure it can be done.. but why bother

·
Registered
244 Posts
ummmmm ... but these are 600's .

its like drag racing a mini van .sure it can be done.. but why bother

So there's no way to loop a 600?

Why bother?.......it's called competition.

People race lawn mowers, bar stools, even belt sanders. You gotta be into I guess.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
So there's no way to loop a 600?

Why bother?.......it's called competition.

People race lawn mowers, bar stools, even belt sanders. You gotta be into I guess.
because a drag bike does not always need a stretched arm to be a drag bike .there is 7 second busa's on drag tires and stock length .

you dont need to stretch em to race em.

a stock 600 doesnt have the power to justify a stretch or wheelie bar to run a fast time.a 500hp zx14 is a good argument for one.

100-115 hp as a drag bike only needs a proper launch ,not a bunch of trinkets to make up for sucking at the tree

1 - 20 of 28 Posts