Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to lower my bike and add an extended swingarm as the next two mods. I saw the 1000rr ext. swingarm this week and noticed it was adjustable 2" to 6". I also noticed that it was just an extension and could easily ( or so i hear ) put back to stock. If anyone knows where to get these for a 600rr besides the dealership, like a website, it would be greatly appreciated.

For those of you who would like to give me **** about extending it, save it, i don't question anyone else's motives, please don't rag on mine.
For those who answer, like i said it's greatly appreciated

·
Registered
799 Posts
Try Lockhart Phillips website.

·
Registered
646 Posts
tnvano01 said:
For those of you who would like to give me **** about extending it, save it, i don't question anyone else's motives, please don't rag on mine.
playero_loko said:
that looks fugly IMHO...
Most of us would agree but that's not the info he was looking for. tnvano01, you going for looks or are you getting into drag racing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like the look of a lowered bike with a swingarm, to me it looks aggrasive as ****. But theres also a 1/8 mi. drag strip (Ohio Valley Dragway) about 20 miles away and theres alot of riding groups around here that go down there. I went this week and everyone with suzuki's and kaw's has swingarms and **** and it looks nice. Within a couple months i will get a power commander, full exhaust system, and come more performance upgrades so thats why i am looking for the swingarm extension. I know people say t he extension will take away the handling of a 600 a bit but 4 inches is all i want and i can't imagine a huge decrease in handling. It's not like i do twisties at AMA speed. SO to answer your question, it's a little bit of both. Another thing is i am trying to get people to look at hondas the way they do gsxr's and ****. Everyone around here drives a ******* suzuki, and i love the bike, but it's so unoriginal now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another thing is i am not a huge fan of extreme twisties anymore after i totalled my red and black 600, so the straight line speed has more appeal everyday

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wasn't referring to the riders, around here, everyone thinks the suzuki's are "gold," and it bothers me, so i was saying i am hoping that will change. I hear about how fast they are, and that may be true, but somehow honda's win more more races than all the others combined, and true, there are a lot more hondas on the circuit, but if the others are better they would win.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
tnvano01 said:
Another thing is i am not a huge fan of extreme twisties anymore after i totalled my red and black 600, so the straight line speed has more appeal everyday
Quick question, If staright line speed has more appeal then why not get a lager displacement machine?

·
Registered
797 Posts
also you're gonna have to buy new chain to fit the extended swingarm plus those extentions that could be quite costly for what purposes? maybe a lil more traction to the rear, you'll some turning ability and some more... but do as you like expect to pay no less than 350-500 bucks when finish for everything...

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
why waste ur money on doing this to a 600 man. Just get a busa or something...like a 1k.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that would be great, i'd get a 1000, but then i would do the same thing, and spend the same amount of money on a bike that cost money that i don't have, i have the 600, so i am going to do with it what i can. Mainly its for looks, with an occasional track day.

i was thinking about 200 for the the swingarm, and another 100-150 for the chain

thanks for the feedback guys

·
Registered
41 Posts
thats like putting wheelie bars on a fwd civic

·
Registered
27 Posts
tnvano01 said:
i wasn't referring to the riders, around here, everyone thinks the suzuki's are "gold," and it bothers me, so i was saying i am hoping that will change. I hear about how fast they are, and that may be true, but somehow honda's win more more races than all the others combined, and true, there are a lot more hondas on the circuit, but if the others are better they would win.
Sounds like you care too much about what other people think. Ride whatcha like dude.

Good luck with the swingarm

·
Registered
797 Posts
uhmmm i believe this an all out race track, so unless hes just thinking about draggin every single time, then yeah, plus those civics are ugly, damn hondas!! lol
cbr600yea03 said:
yea i mean nobody does that! lol sorry jk

·
Registered
41 Posts
why you need wheelie bars on anything thats fwd is beyond me.

cbr600yea03 said:
yea i mean nobody does that! lol sorry jk

1 - 20 of 67 Posts