Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
I got it on my bike....it added $5 or so to my monthly payments.....the way i look at it if something does go wrong i am covered.....i would rather be safe than sorry...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
dsf600rr said:
is it worth $570 to get the extended warranty?

thanx for future replies.

- D
Did you call Myron of Bells Honda? He sold me the 4 year for $400 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I paid for mine as well. BNikes are the only thing I keep long enough to need one but the peace of mind is great.

K

·
0 Posts
lol I payed 99.00 for a 2 yr extended so 3 years total and no I did not get screwed on the OTD cost infact I made out better than most I have seen here... "You can't sell a salesman" !!! :bounce:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ex- Warr, are there to make the Dealership & F&I Dept. money, and alot at that. For the most part if your bike is going to break, it will do it the first year, which your already covered for.So do you need it?..I'd say in my 3 yrs as a Finance Manager at a powersports dealership less than 10 percent come back for warranty work. For those that do buy it and bring it back, the dealership will find any reason to void your warranty. Aside from that, cost on ex-war is inflated insanely!!!! A 4 yr usually costs $280- for the dealership, which they can sell to you for. Most F&I people will sell it 5-900.00. One thing for you to know, there is NO set price on ex warr.F&I sells these and can negotiate the price. So its up to you, but if you plan on putting a pipe on your bike, or if you crash, bust your fork seals, whatever, THEY WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.ASIDE FROM THAT SOME PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE SLICK WHEN IT COMES TO THIS, BUT THE WARRANTY COMPANY WILL SEND OUT A TECH TO INSPECT. So be careful with whatever you decide..

·
Registered
160 Posts
1 2 NV said:
If you put a slip-on on your bike it voids your warranty? :shock:

No.

Any dealership which flat out tells you this is scum.

There are certain things they can hold against you. For instance, if you installed some PIAA bulbs and then melted your wiring harness because the bulb's wattage was too high, then YES, they're not going to replace your wiring harness under warranty but NO, it doesnt mean your warranty in general is "voided". Ie... if your battery is a dud, they cant tell you they wont warranty it because you have an aftermarket exhaust, etc...

Stay away from any dealership that acts this way, or trys to flat out void your warranty. Call Honda and complain if they do.

My local place and several others around have no problem w/ aftermarket stuff. They'll even install it for you to remove any chance of you voiding your warranty by improperly installing something yourself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
will warranty do anything about the CCT? I'm starting to hear the jingle of it rattling... or is this just something i'll have to live with :(

·
Registered
812 Posts
Ex- Warr, are there to make the Dealership & F&I Dept. money, and alot at that. For the most part if your bike is going to break, it will do it the first year, which your already covered for.So do you need it?..I'd say in my 3 yrs as a Finance Manager at a powersports dealership less than 10 percent come back for warranty work. For those that do buy it and bring it back, the dealership will find any reason to void your warranty. Aside from that, cost on ex-war is inflated insanely!!!! A 4 yr usually costs $280- for the dealership, which they can sell to you for. Most F&I people will sell it 5-900.00. One thing for you to know, there is NO set price on ex warr.F&I sells these and can negotiate the price. So its up to you, but if you plan on putting a pipe on your bike, or if you crash, bust your fork seals, whatever, THEY WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.ASIDE FROM THAT SOME PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE SLICK WHEN IT COMES TO THIS, BUT THE WARRANTY COMPANY WILL SEND OUT A TECH TO INSPECT. So be careful with whatever you decide..
Is this Honda or do you guys sell some rip-off warranty?

I suggest you look for another dealer or an honest line of work.

It's your life. Do you want to be a rip-off artist?

·
Registered
53 Posts
mrrippey, it's the CCT because it's a rattle around 5-6k rpm, and i will take my left hand and hold the key still and also the tank where the safety sticker should be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts