Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Not worth it IMO. I find it hard to even imagine Honda honoring a warranty part more than 2 years down the road, let alone any company.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Take care of the Bike she will love you back always had a Honda
never bought an extended warranty waste of money

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
If you are buying a brand new bike from the dealer you may as well protect the investment with an extended warranty. That's too much to pay not to.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
as long as u keep up with the oil changes and dont molest the living **** out of your bike, it will be fine. all hondas are known for their reliable motors.. if it was like a kawi or a gsxr, i would prolly look into getting one..

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
as long as u keep up with the oil changes and dont molest the living **** out of your bike, it will be fine. all hondas are known for their reliable motors.. if it was like a kawi or a gsxr, i would prolly look into getting one..
There are other things that ca fail other than the motor.

I am in the 3rd year of my 5 year total warranty and it had paid for itself by the end of the 2nd year when I lost 3 rectifiers.

I say, if you plan on keeping the bike......get it to protect your investment. The thing is...most people total their bikes before the initail warranty runs up....

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
R3D
Check your pm bro

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
No way man, these bikes are made to be molested. I molest the HEllll outtta my bike and it treats me well hahahaha. Don't waste your money one the warrenty..

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
There are other things that ca fail other than the motor.

I am in the 3rd year of my 5 year total warranty and it had paid for itself by the end of the 2nd year when I lost 3 rectifiers.

I say, if you plan on keeping the bike......get it to protect your investment. The thing is...most people total their bikes before the initail warranty runs up....
I agree.... and for those of us that keep our bikes for awhile and plan on racking up some miles, it's probably not a bad idea to have it. I was going back and forth about buying one back in 2005 before my 1 yr warranty was up, but decided not to. I guess I don't regret not buying one, but it definitely would have come in handy when my bike started jumping out of 3rd gear back in Dec (had to fix it myself... pull motor, spit cases, replace 2nd 3rd and 6th gears adn shift forks). Other than the trans problem, the only other problem I've had between now and Oct 2005 (when the fac warr was up) has been one regulator/rectifier and a CCT.... that's been it. Between the trans, CCT and the R/R it cost me about $500 total, so I guess it's about even.

It's up to you though, and how long you plan on keeping the bike. They are extremely reliable machines, but anything can happen. There was a guy awhile back with an RC-51 with 104,000 miles and he had an extended warranty. He found a crack in the swingarm, took it in and got a new swingarm under warranty... no problems (then a couple months later somebody pulled out in front of him and totalled the bike....)

·
Banned
120 Posts
I purchased extended warranty on my '06. Steering lock was broken and they replaced it without any questions.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just bought the 5 years HONDA PLUS for $750 + $250 for 5 years thief protection for my 07.

It includes unlimited towing/transporting even if I crashed myself or if I get a flat tire. I don't have a pick up truck and I think for the towing/transporting part for 5 years really worth it. Also, if I go on a trip and got interrupted, it will cover up to $500 for hotel and meal.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just bought the 5 years HONDA PLUS for $750 + $250 for 5 years thief protection for my 07.

It includes unlimited towing/transporting even if I crashed myself or if I get a flat tire. I don't have a pick up truck and I think for the towing/transporting part for 5 years really worth it. Also, if I go on a trip and got interrupted, it will cover up to $500 for hotel and meal.
wow thats a nice plan you got their .. i guess i have till my 1 year is up before i decide if i get it or not

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Not worth it IMO. I find it hard to even imagine Honda honoring a warranty part more than 2 years down the road, let alone any company.
are you joking? theres plenty of companies that have more than 3 year warranties that honor them... i wouldnt get the extended either but not because id be afraid if something did go wrong they wouldnt honor it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts