Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
She was Holding The Magnifying Glass
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride track days and want some extra chest protection. I presently wear a roost protector for the dirt but wondered if anyone has tried other option. I also wear extra hip protection in the way of body armor shorts. Being older than most of you youngens you have to take care of your body, Now listen to your elders and learn from their wisedom!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I wear a Helimot chest protector, sometimes if i havent gained any weight that week. Alot of the really fast guys in the afm wera them and after my fast crash in July I figured well it couldnt hurt. Keeps you a little warmer on theoose really hot days too

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Does your chest protector improve your cleavage? haha just kidding. I'm considering a chest protector too but does it have ventilation? One thing I enjoy about my suit is the airflow. I fear a chest protector will limit that. Is it comfortable? I like how Impact Armor custom fits it for free.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Too much heat is rarely an issue in the UK, but Ive used one in Spain on hot days without problem.

The protector itself has holes in it, and it in a mesh bag, so air will flow through.

Wear one once and then go and try and ride without it, it wont feel right, hot or cold.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Like a proper back protector, then: you don't realise what you're missing until you've ridden with one for a while!

·
She was Holding The Magnifying Glass
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up getting a Helimot chest and back protector. Cmon big brown truck! First track day of the season is less than a month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts