Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are your guys thoughts..

i got my deal close to being struck and I just gotta decide on the warranty..

bike comes with the one year warranty and the extra 48 month warranty costs $570....

so with the extra 48 month warranty i would have a total of 5 year warranty on my bike..

I was wondering if any of you guys have the extra warranty, and/or is it worth the money in your opinions?

the warranty overall costs me $20 a month extra since my loan will be fore 36 months... you guys think that it is worth it or is there hardly ever any problems with the bike in general?

just curious as to your opinion.. thanks alot for your input...

C

·
0 Posts
I got the warranty from the dealer. But Honda sent me the same one for cheaper. So I went to the dealer and was like WTF? The dealer knocked the price down but I still had to pay it all at once. The Honda contract would have been better because it lets you pay once a year for 4 years. If you decline the warranty from your dealer than Honda will mail you a second chance to get the extra warranty and make small payments on it instead all at once. And, did I mention it is cheaper than what the dealer offers....

·
Registered
130 Posts
The dealer was also able to give me an extra insurance plan was $1500 i think and if i wrecked and totaled the bike they payed off anything left over after my insurance paid me and would give me $2000 twords my next honda. Or if my bike was stolen they did the same thing except would give me $5000 instead of the $2000.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My brother did the same thing with his RR. Unfortunately, he had to take advantage of that theft coverage with his 954. :(

I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah i got the gap coverage. It's a must. I didn't get the extra warrrenty but I still have a few months to get it. I jsut don't knwo how to go about doing it. can you do it from the american honda page?

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
DO NOT DO THE EXTENDED WARRANTY- If you read it, it doesn't cover crap, it HAS to be a manufacturers defect for it to be covered and there are too many exceptions.

It's a rip off, take the gamble that your bike will hold up, Honda's are quite reliable.

Put the money into a Yoshi Slip On, which would probably void your warranty anyways.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
WherzRoony said:
DO NOT DO THE EXTENDED WARRANTY- If you read it, it doesn't cover crap, it HAS to be a manufacturers defect for it to be covered and there are too many exceptions.

It's a rip off, take the gamble that your bike will hold up, Honda's are quite reliable.

Put the money into a Yoshi Slip On, which would probably void your warranty anyways.
Damn, if that is true my dealer lied his ass off to me....or more likely doesn't know himself. They told me that it covered absolutely anything that goes wrong with the bike other than things designed to wear out....ie brake pads, clutch, tires, etc...

·
Registered
769 Posts
So which one did you pick? I skipped out on the warranty b/c all of my previous experiences with Honda have been good. I think it generally works out to be free money for the dealers in most cases. Of course their are always a handful for who it comes in useful.

·
Registered
230 Posts
For those of us that bought the 03 model do you think it would be wise to get the warranty. Since its the first year for a totally new bike. I know its a honda, but what do you guys think?

·
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
warranty

yeah but also it costs $20 a month cause the whole deal for the warranty costs $570, but there is also a 6.9% interest rate charged on my loan for the extra 570.. so basically the total is $610.. so when divided by the 36 months it costs $17 extra per month...

but bottom line is that i was wondering if it is worth the money?

thanks for all the input guys and/or gals... i appreciate it.. .

·
Registered
31 Posts

That's total crap. Explain to me what about the warranty makes you feel that way.

The extended warranty from Honda covers everything the original warranty covers with the exception of the battery. Batteries only have a one year warranty.

You can purchase the extended warranty from any Honda dealer as long as you do it before the original one runs out. But if you want to finance it, you must do it at the time you finance the bike.

I can sale any of you the Honda Extended Service Contract for the 600RR for $400 for 48 months if you want it. Just email me and we'll go over some specifics as far as name and VIN. (NOT AVAILABLE IN FLORIDA!, don't know why, it's a state thing with them)

The warranty will be covered from any Honda dealer just like the original one.

Call me or email if you want the coverage.
[email protected]

Later,
MB

·
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i plan on keeping the bike for 4 years because the loan is paid off and i will have one year to ride with no payments...then i was thinking of trading it in for a 2008... (Depending on the look and quality of the 2008 model, and also the attatchment i have to the 04 600RR and upgrades i have done to it)..

but basically right now.. my plan is pending but im looking at trade-in at 4 years towards a new bike....

BELLSHONDA... how can you be selling it for $400 but my dealer wants $570??
...is your price always $400 and can i just decide to pay $400 next spring right before my one year is up??

·
Registered
31 Posts
$570 is retail for the plan, but just like everything else, their is profit allowed in that. Since I do ride and race this particular bike, I like to offer the plan to you guys for a discounted rate.

I will still make enough to cover my associated costs, but basically, I'm selling a service that I don't have anything invested in, so I'll try and pass the savings on to you.

We typically discount the plans %20 if bought the day of the bike sale, but if you guys contact me directly, I'll always cut you a good deal.

Everything's negotiable, remember that.

Later,
MB

·
Registered
39 Posts
New in group but I always believe in Honda products. Although when something new comes out it is always good to be covered. Things do happen and that is for any new products their first year out.

·
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah.. my dealer told me about that.. but im just thinking that maybe the best thing to do is just wait and buy the warranty next spring for $400 cash and not have to pay the interest on it and that way i get a better deal on my overall cost of the bike as well..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts