Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
If I were a cop, I'd pull him over and try as hard as I can to warn him about the dangers of texting on the road, then leave him with a warning.

Though, in reality, I wouldn't mind if this dude lost his license.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
What a moron. The word respect should be nowhere in this thread. On a closed course, cool. On open highway? Bike should be impounded and he should be fined for texting and operating a MV. A law that we as riders support for our own safety.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a moron. The word respect should be nowhere in this thread. On a closed course, cool. On open highway? Bike should be impounded and he should be fined for texting and operating a MV. A law that we as riders support for our own safety.
well, if you pay attention to the video instead of freaking out you would notice that the highway is completely empty(in fact, it could have been setup this way for the ride) and the person who is doing the stunt had started it away from the main group(they all just gained on him later).

as for the laws... this only applies if you had never broken them yourself, otherwise you are just another raving hypocrite...

·
Registered
653 Posts
youtube "ride of the century 2011" they pretty much have so many bikes they can do whatever they want. here they just stop on the highway and start stunting. in one of the vids, they all blast through a roadblock. just giving us all a bad rep IMO

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
DeadLine;[URL="tel:3257442" said:
3257442[/URL]]well, if you pay attention to the video instead of freaking out you would notice that the highway is completely empty(in fact, it could have been setup this way for the ride) and the person who is doing the stunt had started it away from the main group(they all just gained on him later).

as for the laws... this only applies if you had never broken them yourself, otherwise you are just another raving hypocrite...
Empty highway =/= Closed course

What about road debris or animals like someone had mentioned? Way too many variables that can happen on the street. You honestly think a small MC got the funds together to shut down a highway? These guys are reckless.

As for the breaking laws remark, sure I speed on occasion (10 mph over because tickets are expensive) but that doesn't group me with these idiots. I'm sure you've jaywalk before, does that make hit and run drivers on the same level as you?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Empty highway =/= Closed course

What about road debris or animals like someone had mentioned? Way too many variables that can happen on the street. You honestly think a small MC got the funds together to shut down a highway? These guys are reckless.

As for the breaking laws remark, sure I speed on occasion (10 mph over because tickets are expensive) but that doesn't group me with these idiots. I'm sure you've jaywalk before, does that make hit and run drivers on the same level as you?

:+1:

sure he's got talent, but.. not cool.

A

·
0 Posts
am i the only one who is impressed by him pretty much staying in his lane??? **** drivers on 4 wheels, facing the right way cant stay in their lane like this guy did! hahahahaha

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
RESPECT!!!, if you dont agree,

1. ur prbbly jealous u dnt have his skills
2. GFU
Sure, I might be somewhat jealous of the abilities this guy has, but that's not why I hate on him. He and his friends are the reason why insurance is so high for us- people who not only screw **** up for the rest of us but play around like it's all a game.

Also, learn to type coherently. You're not texting on a motorcycle, learn a thing or two about at least appearing like you've graduated from high school.

·
Registered
666 Posts
What do you guys mean closed highway. I'm sure behind those hundreds of bikers are 10 miles of bumper to bumper traffic because this one guy wanted to try something new that he probably could have done in a mall parking lot. As far as I'm concerned, this should be considered a felony for everyone involved. What if (god forbid) an ambulance was rushing someone minutes from death to the hospital or a pregnant women going into labor? I'm sure 1/4 of the traffic is going to work, now definitely late and possibly fired.

This is the reason people hate bikers. After all that built up road rage, I'd be on the verge of running over a biker too. Not to mention the built up aggravation the police have at this point. Again, if I were a cop, I would probably take out all of that on the next poor soul I see on a street bike... then people ask why cops hate street bikes too.

If you want to have some fun like this, just go to an abandoned lot or behind a wallmart. Hell, malls usually open around noon on sundays. Theres hundreds of acres of empty lots for you right there. At the very least, pull your wheelie and move at the pace of traffic or gtf out of my way.

/end rant

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
What do you guys mean closed highway. I'm sure behind those hundreds of bikers are 10 miles of bumper to bumper traffic because this one guy wanted to try something new that he probably could have done in a mall parking lot. As far as I'm concerned, this should be considered a felony for everyone involved. What if (god forbid) an ambulance was rushing someone minutes from death to the hospital or a pregnant women going into labor? I'm sure 1/4 of the traffic is going to work, now definitely late and possibly fired.

This is the reason people hate bikers. After all that built up road rage, I'd be on the verge of running over a biker too. Not to mention the built up aggravation the police have at this point. Again, if I were a cop, I would probably take out all of that on the next poor soul I see on a street bike... then people ask why cops hate street bikes too.

If you want to have some fun like this, just go to an abandoned lot or behind a wallmart. Hell, malls usually open around noon on sundays. Theres hundreds of acres of empty lots for you right there. At the very least, pull your wheelie and move at the pace of traffic or gtf out of my way.

/end rant

I'm with you there, man.

I'm not going to lie, I've done some stupid stuff on my bike. I've treated some canyon roads like I was Rossi, putting myself and possibly others in danger.

Now that I've grown up (mentally and physically since) I realize how much impact my stupid shite can do to someone else. I could never live with someone else's blood on my hands.

If I go fast, I do it on the track or I do it on a corner that I have gone through many times and am sure no one is there (via chatterbox). These guys who are posting videos of reckless riding around neighborhoods and crap is really getting to me, along with this. I want to choke this crap out of these kids because of the image they're giving us.

·
Registered
402 Posts
DANG!!!...was hoping for him to hit a nice big/deep pothole...stupid stunter...take that to a closed enviro...agree with everyone that says THIS is why sport riders get the bad rep we hav!

A

·
0 Posts

/end rant

yup def not closed... u can see cars merging onto the ******* road infront of him!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
He has balls, nothing else.

Again, facking idiot.

Wonder where we get a bad name?

·
Registered
951 Posts
RESPECT!!!, if you dont agree,

1. ur prbbly jealous u dnt have his skills
2. GFU
You really respect these morons! I'm not jealous because I have no urge to stunt. I think its the lamest thing you can do on one of these bikes. Show me a guy on the track backing it in and then spinning up the rear exiting the corner and I'll show respect, but to show it to a bunch of idiots giving all bikers a bad name, no thanks. And by the way why don't you GFU!!!! :crackup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts