Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from my first trip through the twisties. We went on a family vacation to W.V. so I thought I would bring the bike. I thought I was a good rider, but boy was I wrong. There is a lot I still need to learn. I have been riding for about five years, but the roads we were on was something new. One of the biggest lessons I learned is to know the roads like the back of your hand. My brother had to lay his bike down because he could not make a turn that he was carring to much speed through. He is ok but it was a real eye opener. Here are a few pic from out trip.

turn where he crashed

his bike

My bike

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
i am glad your brother is ok sorry about his bike
one piece of advise when you start riding unfamiliar roads
the first thing you should do is take a few trips with moderate speed till these roads become familiar from there increase your
speeds gradually till you are in the comfort zone :lol2:

·
Registered
595 Posts
The damage doesn't look bad at all actually...it looks like it is still rideable. Looks like new grips and some plastic weld to get the front fairing back in one piece. Get new grips, helmet, and an windscreen and he'll be back in busness.

it's good that he's ok tho.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Newbie600RR, right now I do not think you or your brother needs a lecture. Just get some track time in. You will be less inclined to get over excited when you see twisties.

Glad you are OK. Tell you brother to heal up quick.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Atleast you guys werent hurt.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Were you guys down near the New River?

The wife and I were out there river rafting last month, and I found some killer roads out there. I forgot the route numbers, what roads did you ride?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P.P.S. How much $ was the damage?
He has not took it to a repair shop yet, but the whole left side was rashed up pretty good.

Were you guys down near the New River?

The wife and I were out there river rafting last month, and I found some killer roads out there. I forgot the route numbers, what roads did you ride?
We stayed at Snowshoe just outside of Elkins. More on the eastern side of the state. We mainly rode RT.219 and RT.66

although he was not hurt, I want to give props to the rescue personel who attended the crash. For being miles from nowhere, they responded in an unbelievable amount of time.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
the twisties will humble you quick.....glad you guys are ok

1 - 10 of 10 Posts