Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some ways you use or have seen people use their EZ-pass? I had mine crudely zip-tied to my old bike. I'm looking for a much cleaner idea..

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
What are some ways you use or have seen people use their EZ-pass? I had mine crudely zip-tied to my old bike. I'm looking for a much cleaner idea..
Never used one or seen one... but I know the guy I bought my bike off of had one installed on the inside of the windshield. In the black sticker region... not sure how well concealed it was but when he took it out it ripped a small part of the black sticker off.

Something to consider if you don't plan on taking it off... or don't care.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not worried about hidding it, it's useless if stolen.

As for under the seat, the manufacturer wants it in sight. I'm not sure why, I thought it worked off of RF. I suppose it can't hurt. If I go thru and it doesn't work, either it's a free ride or I dispute it online. I'll post my findings in the spring if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i always wondered if it would work if you have it out of sight. please let me know.

so far i was just thinking of keeping it in my left jacket pocket. the fastlane/ezpass ones here in mass don't have gates a lot of the time so you just ride slowly through.

but it would be nice for places with a gate so i don't have to reach into my pocket.

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
just go to the right or left of the strips no need for an easy pass . not saying i havnt paid toll in years on the bike just had a friend who worked for the state maintaining them give me this little tip lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
just go to the right or left of the strips no need for an easy pass . not saying i havnt paid toll in years on the bike just had a friend who worked for the state maintaining them give me this little tip lol
Back when my license plate was tucked above my rear hugger, I could get away with it.

That trick doesn't work for me, unfortunately. One way I found is if you get dangerously close to the rear of a car and go on the dashed lines (going under the cameras at the same time as the car you're following), it won't catch you.

I don't use the toll enough to justify spending $60 for the transponder and the required $20 worth of prepaid fees. If I use it once every 6 months, I'll pay the $1.60 it sends me by mail.

·
Registered
901 Posts
if you go to the left or right of the sensor strip it dosnt even know youve driven through . dosnt trip the toll saying youve run it . no need to have a hidden tag . when you come up to the toll there is a metal strip with about an 8 inch gap between it and the curb if you dont drive over the strip it dosnt set off the trigger for the toll .

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah, I just googled it and came up with a Toll booth payer... wtf?
:crackup: Yes, it's for toll booths. Most toll booths have a couple lanes designated for vehicles with these ez-pass transmitters so you don't have to stop at the toll booth. It works like a pre-paid phone card, only it's to pay tolls. If you don't have one you have to get in line and stop at the booth and give money to the toll troll.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
:crackup: Yes, it's for toll booths. Most toll booths have a couple lanes designated for vehicles with these ez-pass transmitters so you don't have to stop at the toll booth. It works like a pre-paid phone card, only it's to pay tolls. If you don't have one you have to get in line and stop at the booth and give money to the toll troll.
Yeah after I posted I thought about the areas you guys are in. That sucks you guys have to pay tolls. But I guess that's the price for living in the cities. You cool guys you!

·
Registered
588 Posts
My town has more cows than ppl, tolls just make the ppl who use the highways pay for them, now if we could just get rid of at the 65k a yr toll workers...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts