Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, who honstly dont pay ez-pass while riding your bike?

·
Ride Red
2,041 Posts
I put the EZ pass in my jacket once when riding the parkway. I did the high speed ones but I guess it didn't register because when I checked my account history, I didnt see any tolls posted the dates I was on the road.

Oh well, I have an ez-pass so it doesnt matter if I blow it. They waste their paper and postage to let me know I need to pay that $.70 with my ez-pass account number. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
796 Posts
ive never tried. I usually pay... Im scared of consequences!

Besides my plate is very visable.

however... toll is like 5 bucks now near san fransisco...

·
BOTM 12/ 07 My Kickstand is up
10,565 Posts
i pay the tolls ... i just don't want extra attention from the popo and the trouble that comes along with it

i had it inside my jacket , but i hated fumbling in there for it ... then i had it mounted under the seat cowl , but it registered half of the time ... but now it's mounted right under the windscreen , works perfectly and can't be seen since i painted the screen

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So does the EZ pass work when it's in the jacket? does it scan?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes it does scan but sometimes it might not pick up on it. But if you have an account then it shouldn't matter. They won't give you a ticket because you have the pass.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
They won't give you a ticket, but they will take a picture when you leave the exit. So they will charge you the toll from the place you got off until the first or last exit on the thurway, which ever is more.

Yes it does scan but sometimes it might not pick up on it. But if you have an account then it shouldn't matter. They won't give you a ticket because you have the pass.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I pay my tolls, I mounted my pass under the windscreen too. I have a black double bubble so, you can't see it but, it scans.

I am always too scared to blow through them because I don't want to face the consequences if I get caught....

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't feel like dealing with the fine if I get caught...So i put the EZPass in my left jacket pocket and take it out when I'm approaching the toll lane. Kinda dangerous so I just ordered the ezpass for the bike. I'll let you know how that works out when I get it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've always wanted to zip through the Toll since my license plate is well under the tail (Comp Werkz FE)... but too scared of the consequences.. and too broke to pay the toll :)

It would cut my commute to school by about 15-20 min....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nah..

In SoCal we have the 73 highway which is strictly Toll only.. If I took that to school, it cuts right next to my campus. Instead, I have to go north more to another freeway and then exit from that freeway, and ride 10 min from that exit to my campus. About 15-20 min more than just taking the 73.

One of these days....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Oh well, I have an ez-pass so it doesnt matter if I blow it. They waste their paper and postage to let me know I need to pay that $.70 with my ez-pass account number. :icon_lol:
That's the perfect definition of irony.

I first tried keeping the EZ pass in my jacket and it didn't register. Then I tried, taking it out and holding it each time I used it, and that was a pain in the a$$. Now, I keep it under my seat cowl. It registers most places as long as I ride in the left tire tracks of cars. Only a few times did it not register and I got a letter saying to pay the toll.

However, once, I got repeated letter saying that this was my 2nd or 3rd notice. Then I called EZ pass and told them I paid. They didn't really check and just took off the bill..... The lady was " so you paid already??? ok, I"ll just take off the balance..."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts