Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to verify this....I took the EZ pass out of my car and used it while I was riding my bike. My freind told me that there is a different type of ez pass for bikes only and i'll prolly get a violation from EZ pass for using my Car's ez pass for my bike..is this true??

H

·
0 Posts
i switch mine all the time... i have not gotten a fine thus far.. you should register the plate with EZ Pass though..

·
Registered
784 Posts
I switch mine all the time too...not too sure what's different about the motorcycle pass but it's probably just to make you pay for a second pass.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
DethMetal Jeff said:
I switch mine all the time too...not too sure what's different about the motorcycle pass but it's probably just to make you pay for a second pass.
some tolls charge bikes less. the chesapeake expressway here near the outer banks is $2 for cars and 50 cents for bikes.

H

·
0 Posts
huh... cheaper for bikes.. i think that i might have to look into the motorcycle EZ Pass

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
don't quote me on it, i know it's only that way for the local toll that uses ezpass and smart tag.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Get The Motorcycle pass. Up here in NYC it saves you some money. That's right US Green Backs. Crossing city bridges and tunnels cost cars $6 each way and $1.50 for Bikes. You do the math.

·
Registered
103 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
I just need to verify this....I took the EZ pass out of my car and used it while I was riding my bike. My freind told me that there is a different type of ez pass for bikes only and i'll prolly get a violation from EZ pass for using my Car's ez pass for my bike..is this true??
I called EZ-Pass a few weeks ago to order a tag for my bike and I asked the cust service rep if I could use the tag in my car on my bike until the new tag came and she said 'No' because the tags are different. She didn't say what the difference was, but she did say that I could not use the tags from my car on the bike.

·
Registered
784 Posts
BlueBlur said:
some tolls charge bikes less. the chesapeake expressway here near the outer banks is $2 for cars and 50 cents for bikes.
Ahh, I do remember hearing something about this. I dismissed it awhile back tho because none of the tolls I use (GSP and Turnpike) gave me any discounts.

·
Registered
320 Posts
make sure yall register it, cause each violation is like $50 bucks

·
Registered
327 Posts
Bri RR said:
Get The Motorcycle pass. Up here in NYC it saves you some money. That's right US Green Backs. Crossing city bridges and tunnels cost cars $6 each way and $1.50 for Bikes. You do the math.

Thanks for the heads up. I rarely use the bridges though. I stay in NYC, never cross!

·
Registered
784 Posts
jonnyv said:
make sure yall register it, cause each violation is like $50 bucks
I'm pretty sure you only get hit with this if you're in a vehicle which isn't registered and has no tag. Which is why I get away w/ it on my bike because I have the tag even tho it isn't registered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts