Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Grissom Air Museum in Peru, IN. The Navy F-14 is being retired (replaced by the FA-18, I believe) and they got one for the museum. It came in today and did 15 minutes of fly-bys before they landed it. Just incredible. I've got to get a ride in a fighter jet before I die.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
yeah, and we think our bikes and trackdays are fun! I can't even imagine.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
We had some Air Force Reserve guys come talk to our class today, and a question was asked of how fast they have ever gone while flying, and one guy said he took a F4 (These were guys probably in there 50's) up to 1100mph. And I thought going 100+ was a rush, I can't even imagine.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
i grew up next to Langley AFB, the hq for the 1st fighter squadron i believe, got to see the first stealth fighter they flew in during desert storm and many many airshows

·
Registered
763 Posts
I get a little yoke time in Lears now and again cause I work there and my Dad is a test pilot.

Yea, it’s a RUSH, turning and alt changes at just below mach.

My Dad says that it’s not that much different at a supper sonic speeds because you don’t have references.

All the pilots I know are scared of sport bikes, it aint like Top Gun

·
Registered
236 Posts
My brother goes to ERAU in Daytona and is graduating next year. He just found out about a month ago that he got a pilot slot (he's in ROTC) so he is absolutely psyched.

I'm jealous as hell because my vision has always been shitty and I just got LASIK as well (auto-disqualify for a pilot).

I'm trying to convince him to get a 600RR..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts