Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cannot for the life of me turn the rear suspension to soften the spring. I'm finally setting my front/rear sag and the rear is a pain in the arse. I did the front just fine and ended up at 27mm (track bike).

I don't have the tool, but I just ordered it from Honda. I've read of people adjusting it with a hammer and chisel and seen videos of it turning easily.

Take a look at the tools I chose to use. They're ghetto but I thought if these don't work, I'm hopeless! I'm wackin' on them and I can't even budge it.

Please give me some advice. I have a track day coming and I won't have the proper tool in time.

btw, left(counter clockwise)= soften, right (clockwise)=tighter?

·
Registered
639 Posts
in my opinion you have 2 options, wait for the right tool, or get a piece of steel and make your own, I don't think sledge hammers and chisels are approiate tools for tuning suspension on a track bike

it will need to be a hook about the same diameter as the shock, with a tooth at the end to grab the part you are trying to turn. examples.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in my opinion you have 2 options, wait for the right tool, or get a piece of steel and make your own, I don't think sledge hammers and chisels are approiate tools for tuning suspension on a track bike

it will need to be a hook about the same diameter as the shock, with a tooth at the end to grab the part you are trying to turn. examples.

I know, I feel ridiculous for even attempting to use tools like these. It's pretty likely I'm going to damage something. I think I'm going to wait for the tool, its only a few days. In the mean time I'll just hit the track with a tight rear, its not the end of the world.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Somebody at the track should have the right tool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts