Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I have decided to sell my beloved 998. I have had this amazing machine since 2700 miles. The bike has never had ANY issues, I have never had any accidents, tip over or the usual " low side in the drive way".
The bike is bone stock except the following:

- 1/2 TiTanium Termi system with Ducati Performance ECU.
- Carbon Hugger
- Carbon Exhaust shield

Motul 300V oil changed every 1000 miles (yes I know its excessive but this bike was supposed to stay in my family forever)

The Belt/Valve service was done at 6000 Miles by Local Ducati dealer.

Reason for sale is this, the bike has been sitting in the living room for months (See Picture), I take it outside once every month and give it a heat cycle. Ever since my Aprilia RS250 track bike purchase, I no longer have use for a street bike.

IMHO it is one of the few unmolested, unwheelied (cant do wheelies, they scare me) unraced/Untracked 998 around.

I am not looking for someone who can offer me $6000 for a $8500 bike. I am selling this to someone who is willing to make a respectable offer for a trully timeless motorcycle.
If the bike doesnt sell in the next couple of months, i will hold it till next summer and sell it on cycletyrader-Ebay etc.

If you have ever wanted a 996/998, don't let this clean example pass you buy, you will not regret it, I have loved every minute of the last 5 years.

I have title in hand, Cash or Confirmed Cashiers checks ONLY.

Asking $8500 OBO Located in Raleigh NC

Please email kam1996-at-gmail.com or send PM

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
leave it there like new age art
That was the plan, my 8 yr old has his eyes on it and wanted me to hand it to him when he got his license. BUT, I have my eyes on an E39 M5 and my son will just have to do with the M5 instead (when he gets his license)

Thank you all for your comments, it still has not sunk in that I am actually selling this bike, they are getting extremely hard to find.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adding couple of pics:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More pictures in response to a few questions:

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Beautiful machine... GL 

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Price lowered to $8100 OBO with Titanium 50mm exhaust
OR
$7700 in stock form with Stock Ducati Exhaust.

Please email at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
That was the plan, my 8 yr old has his eyes on it and wanted me to hand it to him when he got his license. BUT, I have my eyes on an E39 M5 and my son will just have to do with the M5 instead (when he gets his license)
You are a very cool dad by the sounds of it. I wish I was handed an m5 for a first car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are a very cool dad by the sounds of it. I wish I was handed an m5 for a first car.
Thank you, but I am sure i will change my mind bythe time he is 16. If I was given an M5 when I was 16, I probably woudl have killed myself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SOLD!!!! to the gentleman from NJ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts