Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Got a setup done by Trackside Engineering when Ed Kwaterski owned the company, I believe he has since sold the company to someone else, not sure what happened.. Ed was a pleasure to deal with and his reputation is well known..

Shocks were never used after getting rebuilt by Trackside Engineering. Swap out your old stock setup for this one and sell it on ebay!

Front Forks - Revalved, with race tech springs (0.95 kg/mm).. Forks had approximately 6,000 miles on them before they were rebuilt - $650 + shipping - All you have to do is swap forks and you can sell yours onebay for about $350

Rear Shock - Showa rear shock re-valved, with adjusted ride height and hyperco spring - $300 + shipping, swap out your stock one and sell it on ebay for $30

When I spoke with Ed about a setup for me (over 8 track events, pocono, VIR,

All the reviews Ive read about trackside and Ed were nothing but praises.. Unfortunately I never got to use the setup.. I got the suspension from Ed in the beginning of the summer of 2007, was going to install it during the winter, but moved into the city, so the bike and parts have been, regretfully sitting in my basement for the last year.. I was hopping that Id find to get back into riding at the track but I just don't have time. :sad3: :sad3: really kills me to do this.. :sad3::sad3:

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks.

John

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those of you wondering what this suspension is setup for, here are my correspondence with Trackside Engineering

While reading through some suspension posts on a forum that I frequent(CBR600RR.com) your company came up multiple times with great feedback.. I have an 05CBR600RR which I only ride on the track that needs help.. At 205lbs + gear Im a little bit oversized for the stock suspension and Im trying to figure out where Im going to get my suspension work done.

Since you're the expert, I would like to know which services you would recommend for my bike. I saw that you have a rear shock kit for the stock shock. I don't think I want to go the route of a Ohlins or Penske due to price. Kinda out of the budget, so the rear shock upgrade seems like a nice route.

Any advice would be great.
and Eds response

I'd go with Fork revalve, springs, seals if needed and the rear kit (more ride height, spring, revalve)

This will get you a track worthy suspension at a good price. Of course
you can spend a lot more, but I know where you are coming from. How much
can you take advantage of at this level, and it's nice to have money left
to ride...
[/quote]

·
Registered
769 Posts
I got one of his rebuilt shocks for my 03 and it is nice. On mine, part of the rebuild was a modified cleves that added length to the shock and about 1" rear ride height. It does make the bike turn faster.

·
Registered
194 Posts
folks, you need to buy this suspension, it's light years ahead of stock, i've got the exact same set up, forks are as good as any other revalved forks out there, shock is as good as ohlins, in some respects better ohlins can only be adjusted to 313 mm center to center of shock eye, this one is 318mm, the only thing the ohlins does better is the high speed compression smooths out the sudden jars of an unseen hole or crack, i now have an ohlins , and went 2 seconds slower a lap with it, just got it back from dan kyle ,he extended it so i can get 318 mm length ,but for this money you can't go wrong, heck thats why i tried to steal it from him

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.