Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The F4i is being discontinued instead of revamp :(
It's a very sad day... What will replace a cheap, comfortable alternative to the 600rr now?

I know the sales were probably way down but no **** since they introduced the banana seat and never upgraded anything. They need to make an 05 revamp for next year or in 2 years.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Ceph said:
where did you read it was discontinued? just because the website isn't up to date, doesn't mean they aren't producing it anymore. the 07 1000RR isn't up yet either.
Correction, the 07 1000RR is on that website. It indeed does look as if the last year of the F4i is 06. I am glad to see that bike leave the stable. It can make room for something else. I say let the 06 CBR 600RR takes its place. Oh, but they would worry about it selling more than the 07 CBR 600RR, we all know that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RC51 and 599 also gone
honda is being lame cutting back

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heard it from dealers who went to the show. We'll have to look at other brands if we want a mid-size that isn't a race replica

·
Registered
445 Posts
Honda really cut alot of bikes out this year. I was expecting it truthfully, but i was really hoping to see some completely new models. I'm actually dissapointed in Honda. I'm fully in love with everything about the new RRs but really bummed that Honda didn't make anything else. I mean, what if i don't necessarily want the RR but still want a sporty new Honda? SOL i guess.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Ceph said:
really, all i see for the 1000RR is the 05-06 models.
We are talking about two different websites. The website you are going to is always the last to post the new info. Here is the link to the 07 1000RR.

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID7102

·
Registered
638 Posts
The 07' 100RR is NICE...the all black one very nice!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
`SuperStreet said:
i call bs on that!
You should elaborate on "that". What the heck are you talking about? BS that the F4i is no longer being made? It is hard to believe that they finally phased out that heap of crap?

·
Registered
237 Posts
i don't think the f4i is a "heap of crap" i like mine. i'll probably continue to like it for at least another 12k miles (only put 12k on it so far in a bit over a year, it's '02 and had 466 miles when i bought it last year) or more. just cause it isn't an "RR" doesn't mean it's crap.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would like to have an F4i. People around here are to proud of their stuff though.

·
Registered
835 Posts
James06CBR said:
You should elaborate on "that". What the heck are you talking about? BS that the F4i is no longer being made? It is hard to believe that they finally phased out that heap of crap?
I think he's calling bs on this

[/QUOTE]the 1K looks better than the new RR to me[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
237 Posts
i'm going to track mine for a while, then if i can lower it enough, give it to the wife once she feels comfortable with it. she's getting a 250 Ninja first though. (if it will be low enough haha, she's small)

·
Registered
84 Posts
James06CBR said:
Yeah, you're an idiot. I seem to recall that the F series bikes have been around for many years and have always been a great seller for Honda. You're right, it's such a 'heap of crap' that nobody wants it anymore. That's also why the lastest versions, F4i, were factory race bikes. Also the fact that HRC still offers a race kit for it. Yeah, nobody wants that 'heap of crap'. Are you sure you don't own a gixxer 600 instead?

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
*ahem* insert shameless plug to sell my Ohlins F4I springs located in the for sale section...

I have always like the F4I and liked the RC51 even more. I hope I can buy myself one. I'd love to experience the V-twin.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
This sucks

I was thinking of buying one when I moved down to the states to tour on.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts