Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my girl just got a 2004 F4i and her only complaint is about the banana seat.....she was wondering if she could put on a step seat like some F4i's have.....i cant seem to find any on the web....iv been looking for this page that i forgot to bookmark that sold all OEM parts but its not Bells Honda....nothing against Bells, id just like to find that page again to compare and stuff....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ERICERR said:
Are you talking about jcwhitney.com? 01 or 02
nope not jcwhitney.com.....her bike is an 04.....she wants to put a step seat on so it will look more like are seats.....a while ago i found a site that sold just honda OEM motorcycle parts.....they might have only sold 600rr parts cause when i found the site i was looking for 600rr parts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did this site say they could put the 600RR rear cowl on the f4i? If they did it wouldn't be oem. I know jc whitney has oem stuff for almost every bike. I don't think that the 600RR rear cowl will fit on the f4i couse of the exhoust but the older f4i's might.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ERICERR said:
Did this site say they could put the 600RR rear cowl on the f4i? If they did it wouldn't be oem. I know jc whitney has oem stuff for almost every bike. I don't think that the 600RR rear cowl will fit on the f4i couse of the exhoust but the older f4i's might.
she just wants to know if she can change her seat....some F4i's have a banana seat (both the front and back seat are connected) and some F4i's have a step seat that makes the F4i look more like an RR.....she wants to put a step seat on her bike

·
Registered
82 Posts
i think other than that, you need to swap the whole tail section, maybe even the subframe.

·
Registered
82 Posts
check the microfiche http://www.ronayers.com/main.cfm

if both pre-banana and banana (i forgot which yr they change :scratch: ) have the same subframe, then you just need the plastic and the seats. if the subframe is diff, then a new subframe would be the added cost.

·
Registered
172 Posts
:banghead: the last year for the step seat on the f4i was in 02 then when the 600RR came out they designed the f4i into a sport touring bike.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
ok what midnight is tryin to say is his woman got an 04 f4i with the 99 and 00 style seat. she wants the 01-03 style step or broken seat that just happens to look like the ones on our RR. my suggestion would be (well i really would suggest that she bought a bike she liked in the first place) that you look at ron ayres (not sure on the spelling or web address but you can do a search for ron and there will be plenty of threads with the web add.) and see if the sub frames match from 01-03 to the 04-05. if they do (which i highly doubt) just order the rear tail section and seats from an 01-03. be ready to pay about 5 bills for it though. :roll:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mikesamillion said:
ok what midnight is tryin to say is his woman got an 04 f4i with the 99 and 00 style seat. she wants the 01-03 style step or broken seat that just happens to look like the ones on our RR. my suggestion would be (well i really would suggest that she bought a bike she liked in the first place) that you look at ron ayres (not sure on the spelling or web address but you can do a search for ron and there will be plenty of threads with the web add.) and see if the sub frames match from 01-03 to the 04-05. if they do (which i highly doubt) just order the rear tail section and seats from an 01-03. be ready to pay about 5 bills for it though. :roll:
how do i tell if the sub frames match from 01-03 to the 04-05??

·
Registered
172 Posts
i think its a good idea but you might want to repaint it so i suggest finding one off of ebay or some grave yard by where you live for half the price of oem.

·
Registered
172 Posts
midnightrider said:
mikesamillion said:

jc whitney

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
midnightrider said:
mikesamillion said:
part numbers. and yes they are different. although i cant say it wont bolt to the frame because i dont know.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts